Rancilio Z11 Two Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancilio Z11 Two Group

It is with great regret that I have to post my Rancilio Z11 two group machine up for sale. This Machine has had a complete descale and rebuild. It has all new seals, a new more efficient element and has been used once a week for the last year making 5-10 coffees at a time.
    The details of the rebuild are mostly on this thread:
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1273915242/all
    The thread is not complete, I sort of forgot to add more photos towards the end of the rebuild but I will add some more of the finished photos to this post.
    The reason I am selling is this machine is at my grandmothers house and she is moving to a nursing home  (she will be 100 in February). It was used for large italian family get togethers and is a little too large for an apartment.

It has an external pump which can draw water from a bucket (how it is currently run) Two portafilters - a single and a double. It has Autofill and volumetric dosing buttons.

There are a couple of things that need fixing with the machine:
    It requires a new gasket on the right steam arm as there is a slight leak.
    It also needs a new seal on the solenoid plunger in the warm water tap (left)
    These are an easy fix, the only reason I havent done them is that coffeeparts charges a flat shipping rate and I was waiting until I had a big enough order to justify the shipping. If this is a concern I can do the seal replacement for you.

Im looking for $900.

Pick up is in Castlecove (sydney) near Chatswood, or I could possibly arrange collection in Waterloo if thats more convenient for some. I guess freight is also possible at buyers expense but this is a heavy unit and would have to be collected on a weekend.

Re: Rancilio Z11 Two Group

Also thought I should mention that I have the service manual and the instruction manual. It has new SS. braided hoses on the waterlines. I also think I have all the receipts from coffee parts for all the new seals and parts.
    This machine currently has two of the three elements wired up and works comfortably on a 10amp outlet. If requested I can wire the additional element and put a 15amp plug back on.

Comment

Any idea on the cost to sort out the gasket and seal?

Comment

Yes, the steam arm gasket is:
        Part Number: 700310
        Part Name: conical teflon gasket  and it costs $4.10 at Coffee Parts.

The warm water solenoid is a little trickier as it seems Coffee Parts dont sell individual solenoid parts, but if you replaced the whole unit it would be no more than $90. You might also be able to take it down to Pedro and see if he has something that fits.

The machine has another hot tap, but the leaky one gives the option of having the boiling water from the boiler mixed with cold mains water in varying degrees. Nice but not exactly essential and one of the reasons I put off fixing it. Currently I have the leaky solenoid controling the cold and I just have the adjustment tap turned off.

Comment

Hi Aaron, is your machine still for sale?

thanks, Owen

Comment

yes, still for sale,
            By the way, in the boiler shot, the grey sheeting you can see in the bottom of the pic is not asbestos. It was originally, but i replaced it with f.c insulation sheeting.

Comment

I have had to move this to my parents garage in Mosman. They are not very impressed, so I need to get this machine sold. On the plus side for me, I will have no shortage of espresso Christmas day.
              I would consider delivering this on the north shore, I could also arrange a pickup point in Waterloo if thats more convenient.

Comment

OK, This machine is still available,
                I now have the replacement gasket for the steam arm which will I will fix this weekend, I will also see if I have a spare solenoid to fix the other issue (leaky warm water tap) mentioned above.
                Price drop to $800.
                Machine has a vinyl cover keeping it nice and clean while it is being stored.
                Any additional pictures you would like to see, just ask.

Comment

Last price drop before it gets listed on another site.
                  $700 just to get it our of my parents garage.
                  If the mercury pstat has you feeling a little nervous, I can swap it out for a sirai pstat instead. Personally I think the mercury is awesome, but I know others are a bit wary.

Comment

just bumping this up, still $700 which i think is a bloody good price for this machine.

Comment

Hi Aaron

i am interested i this machine, I need to check with the leader of the opposition if I can afford it but I am very keen, is it still available and is there much plumbing required (not a big issue) and would the 15 amp make much difference to function or is it ok with 10 amp?

Comment

Hi Aaron

Did you see my last post regarding your Z11?

Comment

sorry mate, i was asleep at the wheel. This machine requires a water line in though it can also draw water from a bucket / container. hooking it up is as easy as putting a T fititng on the cold water tap under the sink and screwing on the braided water line.
                          It also requires a drain line or you can just run the drain line into the sink or a bucket.
                          Putting a 15amp plug back on it and adding the element bridges will mean you have all three element prongs running which will decrease your warm up and recovery times. If you have the opportunity I would run it with a 15amp plug, but it is by no means a deal breaker if you dont.

Comment

Originally posted by 7F5F4C51503E0 link=1322603252/12#12 date=1333320414
                            hooking it up is as easy as putting a T fititng on the cold water tap under the sink and screwing on the braided water line.
                            Hmm- not quite that easy with a plumbed machine. You need a 350kPa pressure limiting valve and an appropriate water softening coffee specific filtration system.  :-?

Great pickup for a CSer with space though

Comment

Still available.....
                              If you are thinking about buying this but are a little concerned about hooking up a commercial machine, I would be happy to come over and help you plumb in and setup the machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X