Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!SOLD!! Vintage FE-AR La Peppina lever machine (Mel)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!! Vintage FE-AR La Peppina lever machine (Mel)

Good evening all,

Ive recently finished a few project machines, so time has come for them to venture out into the big wide world again and make fantastic espresso for someone.

Next, a beautiful 1978 FE-AR La Peppina.

Heres what Francesco Ceccarelli has to say about this machine:

The FE-AR, founded in Milan by Felice Arosio, has produced over a long period from the late 50s to mid 80s only a model of lever machine, originally named La Piccolina and marketed by Carimali and later renamed La Peppina.

Has open boiler and piston with spring. Pushing the lever, compresses a spring that pushes the piston with the right pressure to make good espresso.

Is the lightest lever machine (weighs only 3.5 kilograms) and can be dismount easily in just a few pieces. None of the parties that compose it from a feeling of strength and durability, beginning with the holder, light as a feather, to continue with the body that provides the group and the heating element, until the kettle enamel that acts as the boiler open.

Despite all we are fascinated by the genius and originality of the whole. And you forgive the rest.

The light weight is due to most of the structural parts being cast aluminium, and Francesco is right in saying that it is no way near the build quality of a Faema or Gaggia. But.... DAMN does it produce nice coffee!

I can make good shots almost effortlessly with this machine, pour after pour come out perfectly - the only annoyance is the terrible drip tray design, I guess the designer intended the whole machine woud be up-ended over a sink after use.

Whats been done:

Fully stripped down, base sanded and repainted in grey hammertone to repair surface corrosion, seals replaced, showerscreen/group collar bolts replaced with stainless (the originals are very soft), tested and tested some more.

The original tamper, lid and two baskets are there. The original switch and kettle plug have been grafted onto a new butyl rubber cordset.

Condition - Very nice. Minor pitting on the chrome plated group, due to being stored in a damp place at some point. The plating is fairly poor quality to begin with on the Peppinas, especially on the drip tray grille.

Photos ensue - Any questions, please ask.

My price is $450, firm.

Re: FS: Vintage FE-AR La Peppina lever machine (Mel)

I have absolutely no need of that, but I want it. Lust at first sight. :

Comment

Glad its in Melbourne 8-)

Comment

Tempted to pick up an overtime shift at work for this........ :-/

Comment

Originally posted by 3C212525312B480 link=1338034639/3#3 date=1338439549
          Tempted to pick up an overtime shift at work for this........  :-/
          Reckon ya might be a bit late, my money transfer is already in progress

Comment

Haha bugger - nice one

Comment

yeah even the long distance couldnt stop me

sorry timmyc :

Comment

Working...
              X