This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: Ponte Vecchio Export

This machine is essentially new. It has only seen coffee for testing purposes. I have a very rare brand new sama knockbox which matches the colour of the machine. Im asking $600 for machine + $50 for knockbox.

It comes with the black tamper, double and single baskets and owners manual. I am happy to organise a demonstration. PM me if you want to see more pictures of the machine.

I also own its older brother the sama export and a sama lusso. I can tell you the coffee which comes out of this spring piston group is unbelievable. Beats the la pavoni and microcimbali any day. Spare parts for this machine are easily obtained and replaced with a standard screwdriver, spanner set and clamp.

Last edited by Javaphile; 15 August 2012, 12:14 AM. Reason: Item(s) have been sold

Re: FS: Ponte Vecchio Export

off topic but any pics of the sama lusso?

Comment

Oh all right. But Ill only show you the front if someone buys the ponte vecchio. Ill even show you a picture of my 1967 olympia cremina 67. One of the first to come out of the factory.

Comment

Could I ask where you are located? I am in Melb (chelsea)..

Comment

Perth, it says your location just under the name.

cheers

Comment

Perth but happy to post within Australia at cost.

Comment

Originally posted by 313A283D363A32303C3C3E5F0 link=1338460572/2#2 date=1338464491
              Oh all right. But Ill only show you the front if someone buys the ponte vecchio. Ill even show you a picture of my 1967 olympia cremina 67. One of the first to come out of the factory.
              hold you to it (please ^#$#$! buy this machine) for everyones sake

Comment

Just caught sight of the plug, how do you get around that...?

cheers,

Stu

Comment

Very tempting. Does the tamper which comes with it fit? A friend of mine just bought the PV lusso.... Great machine but the dodgy plastic tamper didnt fit.

Comment

Ive changed it to an Australian plug. Machine is now properly earthed.

You will have to define "fit". I find even $3000  machines come with horrible plastic tampers. In answering your question yes the stock PV tamper arent the best. Ive actually put the tamper on my lathe and it now fits the basket much better.

I find with all my lever collection the grind is more important than the tamp. It needs to be almost like talcum powder. Much finer than with vibratory pump machines. I tamp very light. I suspect it has something to do with the smaller but deeper baskets. 

You better buy it as abuch47 wants to see the olympia cremina. I will show you the cremina serial number to tempt you. For those who are familiar with the olympia cremina will know the first two numbers represent the year of manufacturer and 1967 was the first year they made the cremina.

Comment

Price drop..... Ill throw in the knockbox. The knockbox is a work of art.

So $600 for both machine and knockbox.

Comment

Just a few action shots and Australian plug and under drip pan. You get the funnel, manual, double basket, and I think I may have a single as well but wouldnt recommend using it on a lever.

Ive also discovered small scratch on group (see photo) and a chip of paint and scratch on the knockbox suffered from postal damage but doesnt affect function. You will also get a spare steam knob.

And yes the shot tasted nice.

Comment

Waiting for payment clearance... abuch47 wish coming true soon.

Comment

Do I take it that your PV Export still hasnt sold? Am in Perth until tomorrow, and might be interested in taking it back to Melbourne if still available....

Comment

Is this still available? Where in perth are you located?

Comment

Working...
                              X