FS: Faema Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Faema Family

I bought this machine because I loved its retro looks, and heard that it could produce espresso on par with a silvia   It is a great little machine but Ive decided to sell because my 6910 just serves me better when lots of guest are over, which happens a fair bit!

Machine is in excellent condition. Previous owner was an elderly gentlemen who only used it on odd occasions. Ive given it a thorough descale and clean so its good to go!

Comes with single and double baskets, plastic tamp and coffee scoop.

For those of you who dont know much about the machine there is a link to a manual here http://cafe-grendel.blogspot.com.au/2007/06/faema-family-instruction-manual.html. 

Quick summary: 300ml single boiler, italian made, and the reliable faema name

PRICE: $300

Edited to reduce pictures file sizes out of consideration of our bandwidth challenged users. Please keep picture file sizes to ~100kb

Re: FS: Faema Family

price drop to $250.

Comment

Does this one have the loominiminimunum boiler, or is it brass?

Comment

to be honest, im not too sure!
        (any way i can find out short of cracking it open?)

I have a sneaking suspicion it may be aluminium because it is a later model (indicated by slider steam switch)?

Comment

Dunno . Spent a while searching the web but its not clear. Would be a nice machine for a quick cuppa, but I have (possibly baseless :-[) health concerns with using loominum heating vessels.

Comment

Would you consider posting at buyers expense? Also your own opinion on if it does stand up to a silvia?

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

i would prefer local pick up (partially because i dont trust myself packing it well enough so it doesnt get damaged for the new buyer!) but may consider shipping if no sydneysiders interested

too be honest, never had a cup from a silvia before so cant really compare haha. I know it does produce a great cup tho (better than the em6910!)

Comment

Hi Iggs,

Thats ok, let me know if you have troubles off loading it. In the mean time if it goes it goes.

regards

Chris

Comment

Hi all

Sorry haven't had time to follow this up lately. Been super busy. Machine still available (forgive me if you PM'ed and it got lost in the forum transition)

final price drop to $200. Great price for a quality machine.

Comment

Hi i have pm'd you

Comment

Pm sent. Please pick me lol

Comment

Working...
                      X