Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!SOLD!!! - 2kg Has Garanti (FREE Delivery in SYD)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - 2kg Has Garanti (FREE Delivery in SYD)

This roaster is only 2.5 years old and was imported by Coffee Roasters Australia who made the necessary upgrades for it to comply with Australian standards. This particular unit has also had the standard burner upgraded to a Polidoro Italian burner which provides greater efficiency and enables full capacity roasts with excellent consistency. It has only seen light use as I've roasted about 4 - 8 batches per week during this time. I comfortably roast 2 batches every 50-60 min which totals 3.25kg per hour of roasted beans (4kg of green).

The roaster is in excellent condition and has been properly maintained. The only reason I'm selling it is that I have just purchased a 5kg Has Garanti.

The RRP on the base model 2kg is about $13,000. I'm asking $9,900 with the following extras included:

1) A low pressure gauge for accurate temperature adjustment ($200)
    2) A data logger and temp probe ($90)
    3) A bag sealer ($300)
    4) 15A power cable
    5) 2-3 hours of training
    6) FREE DELIVERY in Sydney!

The machine also comes standard with a chaff collector.
    It is currently set up to run on natural gas but it's a simple conversion to LPG if you need to go that way.

As mentioned, I will deliver in Sydney for no cost. If you need to pick it up, a truck with a rear lift or equivalent is needed as it's 130kg and top heavy.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers,

Kit
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Javaphile; 31 August 2012, 12:11 AM. Reason: Item(s) have been sold

Hi Kit,
    Can you comfortable put in greater than 2kg (say 2.2 or 2.3kg) can get 2kg roasted out of this roaster? And an even roast colour - without tipping?
    Cheers
    Chris

Comment

You'd need to do 2350-2400 to get 2kg roasted. I have only done 2200 once and it was fine. I generally do two 2kg batches of the one bean each time and get 3.25kg (13 x 250g bags) roasted.

Comment

Quick question... you say you have been getting 2 batches done every 50-60 minutes... that seems a bit slow... can it do 3 batches per hour or....?

Comment

The 2kg roasters have 3 motors and share a fan for roasting and cooling. Depending on ambient temperature it can take a few minutes for a roast to cool completely. Then I switch the fan back to roast and stabilize the drum temp before dropping the next batch. Realistically, that's about a 25 minute turn around. The roast times are good. I average 15-18 minutes per roast depending on the bean and profile I'm after. The roaster has a surplus of power as you could finish a roast in half that time (not that you'd want to!). If I'm being time conscious I can do 5 batches in 2 hours and I get my bagging and labeling done in that time as well.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeydeck View Post
            The 2kg roasters have 3 motors and share a fan for roasting and cooling. Depending on ambient temperature it can take a few minutes for a roast to cool completely. Then I switch the fan back to roast and stabilize the drum temp before dropping the next batch. Realistically, that's about a 25 minute turn around. The roast times are good. I average 15-18 minutes per roast depending on the bean and profile I'm after. The roaster has a surplus of power as you could finish a roast in half that time (not that you'd want to!). If I'm being time conscious I can do 5 batches in 2 hours and I get my bagging and labeling done in that time as well.
            Agreed- 3 in an hour is easily doable.

My first roaster was a 3 motor and I added a factory ventilator ducted to the inspection port on the cooling pan. Cooling was reduced to more like 30 sec and back to back them became possible.

These are a beautiful roaster and a testament to Mark's work.

Comment

The roaster is SOLD. Thanks for your interest. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X