FS Melb. : Breville BB380 Dual Paddle Breadmaster Big Loaf bread maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS Melb. : Breville BB380 Dual Paddle Breadmaster Big Loaf bread maker

Breville BB380 Dual Paddle breadmaker with original manual. $30 pick-up only - Melbourne SE.

Would make a great corretto!

Fully functional. A few minor surface dings from storage. Barely noticable.

Baking tin non-stick all intact. A couple minor scratches and light scuffing from cleaning.

Paddles have some scratches. Would be great for a corretto.

Note - 2nd photo has shadow on control panel, it is not discolored.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BB380_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	753798Click image for larger version

Name:	BB380_2.jpg
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	753799

This last photo is from elsewhere. I didn't have one to show what the bake tin looks like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BB380_3.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	753800
    Last edited by CafeLotta; 28 August 2012, 08:45 AM.

Hi,

Just bought a heat gun yesterday, did a batch last night in a sift... seemed to work pretty well but like the idea of a corretto for a more even roast.

Having never used a bread maker, are any mods required? Or is it simply plug and play so to speak?
    Wasn't sure if you had to by pass a switch on the lid and or any heat elements etc.

And... looks pretty big. Not sure I need to roast more than 250gm at a time. Would this suit small 250gm batches?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bergs_84 View Post
      Hi,

Just bought a heat gun yesterday, did a batch last night in a sift... seemed to work pretty well but like the idea of a corretto for a more even roast.

Having never used a bread maker, are any mods required? Or is it simply plug and play so to speak?
      Wasn't sure if you had to by pass a switch on the lid and or any heat elements etc.

And... looks pretty big. Not sure I need to roast more than 250gm at a time. Would this suit small 250gm batches?

Thanks
      I haven't tried it as a corretto. I decided to go in a different direction. I imagine it would be better suited to larger batches with the 2 paddles. The manual doesn't break down the actual "kneading" time but only gives total cycle time which includes times to allow dough to rise, pre-heating etc.

If I get a chance on the week-end I might try to time the different cycles while watching it go through a couple.

Search the Forum, there may be additional information.

Comment

If it helps i have the exact same one i use for roasting. I have modified it in a way. I took the lid off and took the aluminium part underneath the lid and used that as a tip for my roaster. Other than that i have found it to work very well and is easy to get good consistency when roasting. Anyone who buys this and wants some more info let me know. Its a good buy for that

Chris

Comment

Breville Bread Makers are the best option for Corretto roasters!

No modifications required!

Nobody should attempt any modifications to any electrical appliance ever!!

DON'T play with fire or 240volts!!

The DOUGH setting on Breville BM's offers the perfect option for roasting your precious greens:
          5 minutes of intermittent agitation followed by 25 minutes of constant agitation. There is no heat from the bread machine in this first 30 minute dough cycle, all heat should come from your heat gun.

I have been roasting in my UNMODIFIED BB250 for the last 3 years, no roast has ever exceeded 23 minutes.

I also have a Breville BB420 that I use for another purpose.

Breville Australia are very helpful, if you need help or an Owners Manual you can call 1300 139 798.

I hope this helps

Macca

Comment

I have one of these and it does 650 grams of greens very nicely. I use an aluminium lid with a hole the heat gun blows down and another exit hole for the hot air and chaff to escape.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks to artman, macca2106 & coffeechris for the additional information.

Hopefully this will help prospective owners decide if the BB380 is suited to their needs.

I'm selling as we've decided to go the way of the Behmor in the near future just for ease of use indoors.
              Last edited by CafeLotta; 29 August 2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Breville BB380 Dual Paddle is still for sale. $30 pick-up Melbourne SE. Fully Functioning and does well as a corretto without modification according to replies I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by CafeLotta View Post
                  If I get a chance on the week-end I might try to time the different cycles while watching it go through a couple.
                  I checked the 'knead times' on the 2 dough modes.

There is 2-3mins intermittent stirring followed by 15mins constant stirring on both. Couldn't see how to add time beyond this as it stops and goes into 'rise' function.

I guess the initial 2-3mins could be used to pre-heat slowly and ramp up the heat after this?

Comment

I use this like stated above, i use setting 1 and use the first 3 mins as a pre warm, then roast my beans and with the rest of the time allowed. I left it to run after I dumped the beans and it stop after the 15 mins. It wont re start until you have cooled it down. It will re start however if you alter the machine. I am however not suggesting anyone do that. I have never had to extend past 15 mins to roast.

Comment

Originally posted by CafeLotta View Post
                      I checked the 'knead times' on the 2 dough modes.

There is 2-3mins intermittent stirring followed by 15mins constant stirring on both. Couldn't see how to add time beyond this as it stops and goes into 'rise' function.
                      This is the same as mine...

Newer versions of this BM DO have Dough Knead times that extend to as much as 30 minutes and are ideal for use as a Corretto with no electrical mod's required.

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                      X