X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTS: Starbucks Curved base 50mm tamper

Bought from starbucks a year ago.
    Condition is very good. Selling for $30

Since its curved, it was a little hard for me to measure the diameter. Very close to 50mm i'd say.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121115_220900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	753992Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121115_220953.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	753993

Price reduced to $20

Comment

Originally posted by mikaltch View Post
      Bought from starbucks a year ago.
      Condition is very good. Selling for $30

Since its curved, it was a little hard for me to measure the diameter. Very close to 50mm i'd say.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1279[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1280[/ATTACH]
      If you can measure the circumference, then take this figure and divide by 'pi' (approx 3.14159265359). That might help you confirm the size (diameter). Not sure the Starbucks provenance is helping your sale.

Cheers
      BOSW

Comment

Thanks for that BOSW.. measuring the circumference is quite a bit more difficult actually, but good thought though. I tried to but I couldn't get a decent measurement. I might try cutting holes of different diameters in paper and seeing if it goes through snugly. I'd reckon starbucks would have a decent amount of quality control. I put the actual brand in because it really isn't one I bought off just some departmental store shelf.

Comment

Could you trace the outside onto a sheet of paper an measure that for me?

Comment

Originally posted by mikaltch View Post
            Thanks for that BOSW.. measuring the circumference is quite a bit more difficult actually,...
            Easyest way. ( and more accurate than holes in paper ) . is to put a dot of marker pen some where on the outer edge , then roll that diameter carefully along on a sheet of flat paper. measure the distance between the "Dots" and divide by 3.142''''etc.
            A fine dot and a carefull hand will get a accurate result.

Comment

@blend52: the smooth edge skids on the paper even when i'm careful. The edge is also not that thin, making it difficult for me to roll a perfect straight line even on ruled paper. a 3mm error will throw the diameter off by 1mm. Good thought in theory but doesn't work either.

@mwcalder05: tracing the outside isn't possible. The tamper is convex and the edge sits a fair way off the paper, making tracing impossible. its like putting a ball on the floor and trying to trace it with a pen.

I'll work it out soon. Sorry for posting the ad up without getting the accurate measurement first.

Comment

OKAY ITS OFFICIAL. Its 50mm.

Comment

Working...
                X