This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!WITHDRAWN!! Sunbeam EM6910 Twelve Months Old with Five Year Warranty

Just 12 months old - it has given sterling performance and never missed a beat - you may recall I said it made better coffee and was easier to use than my Silvia. I still make that claim!

Back flushed every two weeks and descaled quarterly. Only ever used filtered water.

This is a great buy with four years extended warranty remaining.

Price $590 with the original accessories.
    - Instruction & Recipe Booklet
    - Instruction DVD
    - Double & single unpressurized baskets
    - Double & single pressurized baskets (dual floor)
    - Pod basket
    - Sunbeam tamper
    - Measuring scoop
    - Cleaning disc
    - 600ml Stainless Steel Jug
    Bonus Items:
    - Transfer of Extended Warranty as per terms and definitions, expires 14/01/2017.
    - Transfer of Sunbeam Brew and Steam Pumps Five Year Warranty expires 14/01/2017.

I will assign both warranties to the buyer in writing, together with my original purchase invoice.

There will be no repair costs until after Jan 2017.

Shipping at buyer's cost.

Will ship in the packing that my new one came in.

Why am I selling? I have succumbed to upgraditis and am buying the new model EM7000.

I am in Carlingford if pick up is required.
    Last edited by Rusty; 30 December 2012, 02:24 PM.

I forgot to mention that it is in pristine condition. I will post photos if anyone so desires.

Comment

Price Reduced!

I just checked prices and found a new EM6910 for $570 without extended warranty, so I am dropping my price below that with a remaining four years warranty. The warranty is with Bing Lee and covers repair or replace. I had occasion to use their warranty on another machine and they are very generous in what they cover.

I am now asking $520 for a top condition machine fully covered until Jan 2017.

My EM7000 arrives today - I need the room.

Comment

Probably bad timing for selling anything - so many store sales that are sucking up our spare cash.

I'm in a dilemma - do I withdraw and relist in a few weeks or do I wait and see if there are any takers?

Any feedback would be helpful.

Comment

re: !!WITHDRAWN!! Sunbeam EM6910 Twelve Months Old with Five Year Warranty

You're asking far too much.

Sunbeam/Breville etc. don't hold their value like the italians do as they cost so little in the 1st place. The 6910 goes for ~$200 on ebay/gumtree. I paid $100 for mine and it came with 3 group handles and several sets of baskets.

Extra warranty means nothing, it's the 'would you like fries with that' of the electrical retailers.

My 2 c after looking for a 6910 for many months 2nd hand.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSmurto View Post

Sunbeam/Breville etc. don't hold their value like the italians do as they cost so little in the 1st place. The 6910 goes for ~$200 on ebay/gumtree. I paid $100 for mine and it came with 3 group handles and several sets of baskets.

Extra warranty means nothing, it's the 'would you like fries with that' of the electrical retailers.

Very diplomatically put DrS, my thoughts exactly.

Comment

WITHDRAWN From Sale

I disagree about the extended warranty - On a previous machine I found the Bing Lee extended warranty was invaluable.

On the basis of your feedback and Yelta's agreement I will withdraw it from sale.

Thanks for for your input and a happy new year to you both.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSmurto View Post

DrSmurto, I think the price you paid is the exception rather than the rule. You need to take into account that there will be a huge variation in age and condition of the used EM6910 machines available out there. In my experience a true bargain is rare. There is usually a reason something is sold cheap. I found this with a Silvia advertised as "mint" that wasn't. This was even after much correspondence with the interstate seller. I have come across a true bargain on occasion but not that often.

Rusty, I'd think you would do much better to go the Ebay route as there are people out there looking for these machines and yours with the age and condition as well as warranty, will definetly do better than $100. Take a number of good photos and offer PayPal. As the EM6910 is run-out and the more expensive EM7000 replaces it, yours should be even more sought after.

You may do well to wait until people are back from holidays after the end of January. Keep in mind there is a huge number of people out there that will never be going down the Italian machine route. These are the people you want to reach and something like Ebay is the best way to do this I believe.

I'd suggest if you advertise honestly and attract buyers with reasonable expectations you should be in the $300-$400 region, maybe even slightly better. Don't give it away. Even at $200 I'd be sticking it in the cupboard as a back-up machine being the age and condition you stated.

Just my 2c worth.

Comment

Is the extended warranty transferable? or is it just for the original purchaser? If it is for you alone, then it's not really worth the paper it is written upon.

As for the secondhand price? Well, Lets just say that the market is the market and leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingAtFate View Post
                    Is the extended warranty transferable? or is it just for the original purchaser? If it is for you alone, then it's not really worth the paper it is written upon.

As for the secondhand price? Well, Lets just say that the market is the market and leave it at that.

Usually all that is required is the original purchase invoice which Rusty has said will be supplied.

Items given as gifts still retain their warranties as long as the original receipt is supplied I believe.

As for the market being the market, watching the prices over time on Ebay will soon give you a feel for the market. Yes there will be the odd bargain and sometimes ridiculous prices are paid but a trend becomes obvious over time.

Comment

Working...
                    X