This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - Faema Urania Vintage lever for sale

Up for sale is my recently restored 1960 Faema Urania lever with Velox group, a very rare version of this classic lever.Machine is located in New Zealand.See this for details of the restoration, pics etc.It has recently had a PID temp controller added to the brew group

Faema Urania with Velox group restoration - Lever Espresso Machines • Home-Barista.com

Its a fantastic machine, and only up for sale as i already have a Faema Mercurio. The double boiler set-up makes it very versatile and you can independently switch the brew group and steam boiler.If you just want espresso, just switch on the brew group boiler and it will be up to temp in 10mins.Must be plumbed in and out. Currently has the original mercury pstat on the steam boiler, mercury cannot be air freighted so if potential buyer is overseas there are options;

1 - I can remove the mercury pstat and replace with a Sirai Pstat
    2 - I can remove the mercury pstat, and send it separately by sea freight, for the new buyer to re-install

Price is $6400 New Zealand incl freight to Australia, $5800 for NZ Sale
    Last edited by Javaphile; 19 February 2013, 08:13 AM. Reason: Item(s) have been sold

What a beautiful and sympathetic restoration kofekitt. Congratulations on a superb machine and I am sure that it will rapidly find a new home. I am very sorely tempted!

Comment

How do you get your hands on these! I would absolutely love to do a project like that.

Comment

Talk_Coffee

"What a beautiful and sympathetic restoration kofekitt. Congratulations on a superb machine and I am sure that it will rapidly find a new home. I am very sorely tempted!"

Thanks

brendogs

"How do you get your hands on these! I would absolutely love to do a project like that."

It varies, this one was an Italian bay of evil purchase, but over the past few years i've restored a few machines and built up a network of contacts who help out with parts/advice and also let me know about machines for sale.Its not a cheap or profitable hobby, especially when you have to freight them all the way down here.This machine cost 1650 Euro un-restored, plus NZ$1500 for freight just to get it here, then you have restoration costs on top of that.The cheapest restoration projects would start at around 500 euro.Send me a PM if you'd like some contact details or any other info

Comment

Thanks for the links to the resto and the candid info, kofekitt! Glad you shared all these details with us, and I'm now drooling on my computer as I type...

As to the expense side of this hobby, I'd rather have your machine in my kitchen than a boat in the garage used once a year! It'd be a much more difficult decision if I was going to sell my Valiant to buy your Faema, so I guess to each his own, hey? You're still going to end up with a lot more of your money back on re sale time compared to the average car nut, so you and the Faema are ahead on points...and your machine makes amazing coffee! (I'm almost talking myself into a car sale here!!! Must stop....)

Thanks again, good luck with the sale!
          Zoltan.

Comment

A beautiful restoration. Congratulations on a magnificent project, and thank you for posting a link to your restoration thread. [strange comment about "bull" in the link]. I am sure it will be snapped up pretty quickly.

Comment

That is one of the prettiest machines I ever did see, congrats on the restoration, sorry I can't afford it

Comment

May I add my congratulations on the restoration, the end result more than justified the many hours you spent on it, magnificent machine! A piece of coffee history saved, well done
                Last edited by mrsixties; 21 January 2013, 02:35 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Beautiful machine, nice work

Comment

I loved seeing the transition over time. Amazing how it comes out in the end.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everybody, machine is now sold.

Comment

Working...
                      X