This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - Nuova Simonelli MDX grinder

I have for sale a NS MDX grinder. I got it from a cafe that was closing down recently, and pulled it apart to thoroughly clean it, and it's looking pretty good now! Not sure how old it is - probably around 5 years. These are built like tanks so will last pretty much a lifetime with home use.

It's a 65mm flat burr grinder - same league as of any the 64/65mm flat burr grinders eg. Mazzer Super Jolly etc.

It has a micrometrical adjustment knob which makes it easier and more precise to dial in than the Super Jolly; the adjustment moves the bottom burr not the top one - so if you take the top burr off to clean you don't lose your grind setting; and the doser sweeps clean and doses straight down. Also, when you take the doser off, there's no huge hole in the body exposing the motor like the SJ - so if you wanted to convert to doser-less, you don't have to cover the motor like you do on the Mazzers.

It has done a bit of work but is in pretty good condition. Burrs seem fairly sharp and it grinds well (indistinguishable from my SJ that has new burrs). Body is in very good condition with very few marks or scratches. The plastic base, hopper and doser each had a crack which I have glued and you can't really tell (see photo of hopper).

I have removed the auto grind function (see photo of doser and auto grinder button) which still works and obviously will come with the grinder. I am happy to put it back in for the buyer if they wish, but its just much easier to clean the grind shute with it out! Also comes with the little plastic 'tamper' that normally sits on the front of them (not pictured).

Price is $350 - Considering it's comparable with the Super Jolly (which go for ~$500 in similar condition) and has micrometric adjustment, I reckon it's a great upgrade option from an appliance grinder to a serious cafe quality grinder for not much more money.

Pick up from Gordon in Sydney, or happy to post at buyers expense.

Last edited by Javaphile; 23 January 2013, 05:29 PM. Reason: Item(s) have been sold

I'd buy her at that price if you could get it down to Melbourne as part of the sale?
    I already have spare parts for her and it would fit into my set up nicely

Comment

Hi Baker,

We're not supposed to bargain in the thread - so I've sent you a PM.

Comment

Spoken for - pending payment.

Comment

Grinder is sold

Comment

Working...
          X