This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: Silvia v3 Melbourne CBD

The arrival of a new Giotto means it's time to say goodbye to my beloved Silvia.

I've had her for 3 years, bought from Coffee a Roma and they put a new boiler in her about 18 months ago, when my wife decided to steam too many chai lattes. It also had new o-rings put in the steam valve about 5 months ago.

Regularly back flushed and descaled every 6 months, even though the water here is quite soft. Made 1-2 coffees most days.

There's one small issue, a bit of rust on the base, you can see it in one of the pics, as a result of the drip tray not being emptied enough. This doesn't affect the machine in any way and you don't even see it when the drip tray is in.

Pickup is from Melbourne CBD, weekdays. Would have been $400 but on account of the minor rust on the base I'll let her go for $350.

Comes with single, double and blind basket and a 58mm steel tamper. (And the silly plastic tamper as well)

Cheers
    Jonathon
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Javaphile; 26 January 2013, 09:53 AM. Reason: Item(s) have been taken

Can you recommend a good grinder to go with this Silvia ?

Comment

what a bargain.

Comment

I'm MIGHTY tempted by this one, I might sleep on whether to keep my europiccola I've been doing up or buy this and get rid of it. I love my lever but I think I'm over it... I might be in touch tomorrow morning!

Comment

FS: Silvia v3 Melbourne CBD

Originally posted by gasm529 View Post
          Can you recommend a good grinder to go with this Silvia ?
          I use a rancilio rocky. I was going to upgrade to something like a compak K3 when I got a Giotto but instead I spent $1 at the local pet shop for a meter of rubber tube and turned my rocky into a step less grinder. Works better than I hoped for.

If you're unsure what I'm talking about, just search for "rocky grinder mod".

Comment

FS: Silvia v3 Melbourne CBD

Guys this has now sold, awaiting pickup.

Comment

Working...
            X