!!!SOLD!!! - FS: Rancilio S24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: Rancilio S24

Ok so up for sale is this Rancilio S24 in absolutely great condition. I received it not working and fixed it up, the fault was simply a blocked jet and ever since it has been making some absolutely amazing coffees. It was given to me and I had intentions of taking it to my work place but when I measured the bench space there just wasn't enough room in our tiny kitchen to fit this and a grinder so I'm going to move it on to someone who can give it plenty of love.

If your looking at this you should know majority of the specs but this is the tank only version and runs off a Vibe pump, which I personally prefer due to the pre-infusion you get out of it.

If anyone has any questions please let me know and I will help in whatever way I possibly can.

Postage is not preferred at the moment but if someone is genuine enough and can sort out a courier to pick it up I'll happily co-operate at the buyers expense. I would highly recommend if you wanted to courier it interstate that it gets picked up on a small skid or pallet.

Anyway here are some photo's of it inside and out.

Asking price $1250

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0440 (Medium).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	754306

Name:	IMG_0438 (Medium).JPG
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	754307

Name:	IMG_0441 (Medium).JPG
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	754308

Name:	IMG_0442 (Medium).JPG
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	754309

Name:	IMG_0444 (Medium).JPG
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	754310
    Last edited by Javaphile; 24 March 2013, 09:50 AM. Reason: Item(s) have been sold

Here is a picture of the badge if anyone needed to check the specs.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice machine. I think it may help the "pick up" if you mentioned your location.

Cheers,

shaun

Comment

That is a great point Shaun, I thought it was in there but clearly not.

Pickup is in Melbourne, either Tullamarine or Hillside. Fairly flexible with time to pick up also.

Comment

Price drop!

$1150

Comment

I had the Promac version of this machine and it's a TANK. Huge boiler and it's really a class above the prosumer machines.

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more shawn_low, I had it sitting next to my Vibiemme Domobar Super and it was on par if not better on taste in the cup. I was really really surprised I didn't expect it to be that good.

Comment

just a shame to heat up a 4lt boiler just for a couple cups when the unit is capable of punching out 70 cup per hr.

can take 45min to warm up.

great machine for a pub or small restaurant

Comment

Although I have to wait the same sort of time with my Vibiemme machine. It's a pitfall with most machines but I have them setup with a timer to turn on an hour before I wake up everyday so I've always got a toasty got machine ready to make coffee! It also turns on an hour before I return home from work.

Comment

Originally posted by brendogs View Post
                    Although I have to wait the same sort of time with my Vibiemme machine. It's a pitfall with most machines but I have them setup with a timer to turn on an hour before I wake up everyday so I've always got a toasty got machine ready to make coffee! It also turns on an hour before I return home from work.
                    Sorry to hijack the thread but that is a awesome idea!!!

Goodluck with the sale

Comment

Originally posted by brendogs View Post
                      Yep, it can take a while to warm up.
                      I insulated my boiler and I think that it does warm up a touch quicker, as well as cycling less and using less power.
                      If I'm in a rush - I'll run water through the group to help that get up to temp faster.

Luckily my wife is up early to go the gym, so she turns the machine on for me.
                      On weekends it stays on all day since I'm happy with the insulation and we do use it for hot water for tea etc.

Comment

Originally posted by C-man View Post
                        just a shame to heat up a 4lt boiler just for a couple cups when the unit is capable of punching out 70 cup per hr.

can take 45min to warm up.

great machine for a pub or small restaurant
                        Contrary to your opinion, I find that it takes 20 minutes to warm up. You can heat up the group head by flushing water through.

Yes, this machine is probably perfectly suited for a pub or small restaurant but in terms of build quality, stability and also durability, commercial machines should outlast prosumer machines that Coffeesnobs seem to like so very much. For the same amount of money, I would pick a pro model over a prosumer.

So I don't see why it can't sit in a home. In fact, mine was sold to a mate and it's sitting on her kitchen bench and going strong.

Comment

We have the same machine and warm it up in 10 minutes by using a blind filter.

Comment

Originally posted by quickling View Post
                            We have the same machine and warm it up in 10 minutes by using a blind filter.
                            thank sounds OK

I would think with such a big boiler the temp would remain pretty stable

Comment

I'm running an S26 and agree with most of the above comments. I run a timer to switch it on/off at desirable times, such a good idea. I do think the cup quality improves with a longer warm up, there's been enough times when I've had a cup that's been ok but then have a second 15-20 mins later (with very little, if anything, changing except warm up time) and it always tasting better.

But...this is a for sale thread - all I can say is I love mine, buyer shouldn't be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                              X