This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - EXPOBAR Minore II for sale

For sale my beautiful EXPOBAR Minore II originally bought from CoffeeParts in Sydney late 2009 and regularly serviced at by Vittorio at Feletto International.
    Has just been fully serviced and has new group seal/gasket. This legendary machine is in perfect condition.
    Comes with single and double baskets, cups, glasses and milk jugs as seen in the attached photos, and also the optional "tall" legs/feet.
    If you want a great twin boiler machine and stable, totally predictable temperature ( I run it at 91 degrees) then take a look at this one.
    It's far too heavy to ship so local pickup in Lane Cove (Sydney) would be ideal. I can hardly lift it but I'm not exactly Mr Muscles.
    The attached photos are of the actual machine.

$1650
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Javaphile; 21 April 2013, 01:08 PM. Reason: Item(s) have been sold

Hi just checking, is that really the actual machine in the photos? It looks great.
    And also, why do you run at 91 degrees? I would have thought the 94-95 range would be ideal for this machine.
    Anyway this looks very interesting. I'll PM you for a "test-drive".

Comment

Hi roasty regarding the brew temp on the minore.I owned a minore III and ran that at 91 degrees and I know other minore owners who did the same.

Comment

Hi Roasty,
        Yes the photos are of my machine. Surprising as it may seem, my photography skills possibly outweigh even my barista skills... ahem...
        I run at 91 degrees mainly because I deferred to the recommendation of coffee guru Rob Forsyth who also recommended the Expobar Minore II in the first place.
        Forsyth's in Narremburn (in Sydney) is where I buy my beans. Great blends & SO's. 91 degrees works great on the Minore II.

Test drive welcome, just PM me.

Comment

I second or third??? the 91 degree temp as well. I change it here and there and back and forth but have found it to work well at 91 indeed. One of the reasons I bought one of these machines...

Comment

Important to keep in mind that 91 is just a number. It will be dependent on the offset programmed into the PID and also on the ambient temperature.

Our trusty Scace tells us that there is a 3 degree variation in actual v displayed by moving from 18 deg ambient to 30 deg ambient.
            Last edited by TC; 23 March 2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Hi,
              Great machine. Is this the version with cool-touch steam wand? Also, it wouldn't have the separate switch for the steaming boiler would it?
              I'm guessing that those features are on the Minore IV... ??

best regards,
              Dan

Comment

Hi Contrasts,

Yes the Minore II shipped with the cool-touch steam wand. And you're right, the separate switch for the steam boiler wasn't seen until Minore IV...

Cheers

Comment

Offers are welcome via PM

Cheers, Paul

Comment

Hi PW,

PM Sent.

Cheers!
                    Rob

Comment

Out of interest, why are you selling it pwp?

Comment

Caneurysm,

I'm a bit of a coffee equipment tragic. I also have a Rocket Giotto. The tea drinking Kitchen Manager wants her bench space back. If I put the Rocket up for sale I would risk the wrath of those who love me. So it's the Expobar that goes. The quality of the shots is indistinguishable between the two. However the twin boiler Expobar does pull ahead on the rare occasions when there is high demand...like 10-12 lattes in a quick succession (Christmas, birthdays etc...). Then the Rocket starts to gasp. But most days I rarely make more than 3-5 coffees so the Rocket keeps up just fine. I'd prefer to keep both but it's reality-check time...

-Paul

Comment

Have you sold it yet?

Comment

It's still here Bmac.

-Paul

Comment

Mods, this item can now be listed as SOLD!
                              Thankyou.

-Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X