Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!SOLD!!! - rancilio silvia espresso machine / rocky grinder with extras - melbourne

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - rancilio silvia espresso machine / rocky grinder with extras - melbourne

I am selling my silvia / rocky doserless combo which was purchased new from Coffee-a-roma on 14/7/12 (by another CSer, I am 2nd owner) so it still has a little bit of warrantee left.

Includes a much better tamper than the one that usually is supplied with the machine, plus blind filter and the various sizes you can see pictured here.

It is used for 2 shots every day and I regularly descale the machine using dezcal (i have one pouch left, which you can have). Also has knock box as shown as well as a standard size and smaller sized milk pitcher.

The Rocky has some light scratches on the cup warmer as I have tried to show here - the previous own may have had some stainless steel cups or something, but obviously doesnt effect the day to day use of the machine.

By chance I do still have the box for the Silvia the box for the Rocky has looks like it has fallen victim to my wife's spring cleaning.

These can be picked up in Newport 3015 - sorry no postage on these.

$700. Would rather not spilt them at this stage.

I think this is a V2 Silvia?

thanks Tony
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Javaphile; 2 April 2013, 09:45 PM. Reason: Item(s) have been sold

Hey Tony, this is actually a V3 Silvia. Best of luck with the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by nabsie View Post
      Hey Tony, this is actually a V3 Silvia. Best of luck with the sale.
      Ah thanks for the info! Even better

Comment

OK, price drop to $600....then I will try my luck on feebay!

Comment

Your original post stated that you are not willing to ship. If your position on that has changed and you are willing to ship to Syd then I am very interested, just say the word!

Comment

Caneurysm , thanks I will keep that in mind.

Comment

Hey Tony,
              Can you tell us anything more about the machine - sounds really tempting but I'm wondering why it has been through 2 owners in 8 months since being bought new? I'm assuming it works fine - how have you found the Silvia/Rocky combo? Have you playing with temperature surfing etc to get good results?

Anyone have comments regarding upgrading to this from an old Gaggia Classic?
              Thanks.

Comment

why do you want to upgrade? what's wrong with your gaggia? and what grinder do you have with it?
                Last edited by Hildy; 1 April 2013, 11:49 AM. Reason: asking about grinders

Comment

Originally posted by dhanderson1 View Post
                  Hey Tony,
                  Can you tell us anything more about the machine - sounds really tempting but I'm wondering why it has been through 2 owners in 8 months since being bought new? I'm assuming it works fine - how have you found the Silvia/Rocky combo? Have you playing with temperature surfing etc to get good results?

Anyone have comments regarding upgrading to this from an old Gaggia Classic?
                  Thanks.
                  The last owner upgraded quite quickly into coffee journey and having just had a baby (well my wife actually had it), i could put the money to better use at the moment...not to mention i live a few doors up from a great cafe. Everything works great. I dont get too fanatical re temp surfing....i wait 15 seconds or so after the boiler light has gone out and that seems to work for me.

Biggest difference between this and the gaggia might be the milk pressure....the silvia quite powerful....my previous was a sunbeam em6910 which was quite pathetic in the steaming department.
                  Last edited by tony8028; 1 April 2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Hildy, we've been living with my parents for a few months and I'm about to take our VBM Junior with us - I'm actually trying to get my dad to upgrade his Gaggia instead of wasting money servicing it. I used to have one that was about the same age as his is now and when I opened it all up it was a mess inside - the boiler had some seriously bad corrosion going on so I figure now is a good time for him to get a new toy! I've read some great stuff about the Silvia (while similar, I think it's a small step up from the Gaggia) and we were actually close to getting one before we stepped up to the VBM. He has a Sumbeam EM0480 to go with it (not sure if the Rocky is that much better?)

Anyway... I'll see how I go twisting his arm because I don't think a deal like this will hang around long - if I don't succeed, good luck the sale Tony.

Comment

Hey Tony, I've had dad sit on it for the last couple of hours and he's given me the go ahead - if the package is still available we'd like to take you up on it!

Comment

Originally posted by dhanderson1 View Post
                        Hey Tony, I've had dad sit on it for the last couple of hours and he's given me the go ahead - if the package is still available we'd like to take you up on it!
                        I have sent you a PM !

Comment

a silvia + rocky is a definite upgrade from a gaggia + em480, and I think it's definitely worth $500 (silvia + rocky vs new boiler for gaggia + time to install etc).

what I don't know is whether a silvia + rocky is better than gaggia+new boiler + k3p.

Comment

Originally posted by tony8028 View Post
                            I have sent you a PM !
                            Tony, I have replied to your PM

Comment

Hildy, I know what you mean about the k3p (we've got a k3t with our VBM) and I know about spending more on the grinder - maybe that's my next little project for dad.

I would've loved to push him to a k3p paired with a cheap second-hand hx from here or maybe the Breville dual boiler but that would've put him up to $1500ish rather than the $500 here. Even the k3p with a new boiler and service for the Gaggia would've been getting on for $1000 and I don't think he was ready for that yet.

Either way, with the reputation of the Rancilios and the way they are sold here, this strikes me as a very good deal and one we won't really go wrong with. You never know - I might just be able to get him to part with the EM0480 and the rocky (potentially getting a couple of hundred for them??) and then put that towards a k3p. Now, a Silvia and k3p for a bit under $1k would be a great set-up!! Only time will tell I guess... :b

Comment

Working...
                              X