This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - Gaggia Classic

This is one of two I own, I bought this one for my father to use 2 - 3 months ago but got sick of the routines associated with making a decent coffee on this machine so an upgrade was in order.

Manufacture date on machine is 4 / 2004

I changed all the seals, OPV /water inlet, 3 way solenoid, boiler, group, steam valve and gave everything a good clean.

Added a Sestos PID with new Auber RTD sensor - screws directly into where the original thermostat was. I have tried the K type thermocouple using the same method, the Auber RTD is a lot more sensitive / reacts much quicker.

Rancilio Silvia Steam wand - makes a big difference to the steaming capabilities. If you start steaming around 135 - 140 on the PID it is possible to easily steam enough milk for 2 coffees without the steam thermostat cutting the power to the elements. From memory this occurs around 170 - 175 on on the PID.

Pressure set at 9 bar - pullmans pressure gauge 10ml water flow in 10 seconds.

Comes with standard portafilter, standard double and single filters and the standard black plastic tamper.

Fresh beans and good grinder and this machine can make excellent espresso, you can split the following into 2 small 150ml coffees and anyone who is not a fellow snob will be WOWed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjVR_oDT1zU

$250 pick up 2107 Sydney. Do not really want to post it, might be able to find something good enough to package for a courier? If buyer is willing to organise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_149.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	397.2 KB
ID:	754509Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_150.jpg
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	754510Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_156.jpg
Size:	340.7 KB
ID:	754511Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_158.jpg
Size:	534.8 KB
ID:	754512Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_159.jpg
Size:	806.0 KB
ID:	754513
    Last edited by Javaphile; 17 May 2013, 02:33 PM. Reason: Item(s) have been sold

More pictures of actual machine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_168.jpg
Size:	357.9 KB
ID:	734302Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_171.jpg
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	734303

Comment

Mods please mark SOLD