Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!SOLD!!! - FS [MEL]: cheap Cunill El Café Tranquilo doserless grinder - needs burrs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS [MEL]: cheap Cunill El Café Tranquilo doserless grinder - needs burrs

I have a Cunill Tranquilo going cheap. Although I bought it ostensibly new on eBay for $250 >4 years ago, I was never able to get a fine enough grind for espresso, and closer inspection shows some wear on the burrs. It could be some other issue, but the motor works, the timer adjustment works, etc. So it's probably just the burrs, which I guess can be bought new for about $60. For the last 7 months I've been very happily using a massive Gaggia 84mm-burr commercial grinder I bought at a great price from maxrob200 on these forums (and which I'll probably(!) keep for the rest of my life), and I don't really want to throw money at the Cunill.

Specs:

Dimensions (W x H x D):
    5.5" (140mm) x 16.8" (425mm) x 11.0" (280mm)
    Unit Weight:
    22 lbs - 10 kg
    Polished Black.
    250watt / 1600 RPM / 77 decibels
    Maximum continuous operating time:
    20 Minutes (motor equipped with thermal protection to avoid overheating)
    Bean Hopper Capacity:
    0.5 kilos (1.1 lbs)
    Grind Thickness Adjustment:
    Stepped via threaded collar around base of bean hopper, with spring-loaded locking pin release (CW: Finer; C/CW: Coarser)
    Grinding Blades::
    Flat type, 60mm diameter, tempered steel, with 500 to 800 kg useful grinding life (<--er, except for the ones that are in it now)
    Dispenser Type:
    Portion control with user adjustable electronic timer, feeds directly into portafilter through funnel chute, approximately 5 to 12 grams per grinding cycle (exact portion will vary according to grind coarseness.)
    Additional Features:
    Removable whole beans hopper with closing gate and finger safety guard, removable grounds catch pan, portafilter holder, accessible feeder chute.

$70 pickup only from Ferntree Gully/Knoxfield, VIC – sooner is better.

Last edited by Javaphile; 27 May 2013, 04:15 PM. Reason: Item(s) have been sold

Hi, could you please measure the burr sizes, the only 60mm burrs i can find right now is 60mm external dia, 36mm internal dia, and 8mm thickness

Comment

Originally posted by ryanwong5601 View Post
      Hi, could you please measure the burr sizes, the only 60mm burrs i can find right now is 60mm external dia, 36mm internal dia, and 8mm thickness
      I wouldn't worry. These burrs can be easily obtained. The Cunill importer also imports Expobar so any expobar reseller should be able to obtain them. The original burrs look reasonable. Should just be cleaning/adjustment to grind for espresso.

Comment

I've been unable to get anything in between a too-coarse grind and the machine choking (which then leads to the wasteful process of opening up the adjustment and doing some extra-coarse grinds to free up the burrs); I'm not experienced enough with grinders to diagnose the problem with a high degree of certainty.

By this stage l hope to make it a worthwhile risk for someone, and maybe a great bargain, at $50 for pickup as soon as possible. As I mentioned in the original post, I now have a grinder that I'm happy with (and a backup EM0480 that is also quite satisfactory), so I'm no longer that concerned about recovering my outlay on the Cunill. If there is no further interest by mid-week, I'll take it to eBay.

Comment

PMing, consider it sold

Comment

Sold to mtee. Thanks for your interest.

Comment

Working...
            X