X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS Rancilio Miss Silvia V3 -- 1y old, A+ condition

Hi all

After an upgrade to the excellent BES900 (which I am now in love with!) I'm parting with my Rancilio Silvia V3, purchased from coffee-a-roma in Melbourne 5/5/12.

Machine has made about 5 coffees a day (home office), and always used properly (flush boiler after steaming etc) and cleaned weekly.

Great machine, comes with everything in the photos:

- group handle, single/double baskets plus an extra large (?12g) basket and a 'one and a half' basket (as I call it)
    - blind basket for cleaning
    - doser
    - Rancilio tamper (the crappy plastic one)
    - More decent tamper (was the one that came with the BES900 -- I have a nice one that came with the Silvia that I'm not giving up!)
    - Half a pack of machine cleaner (from coffee-a-roma)
    - The machine itself

The machine and its parts are all in great condition. There is some scratching (that fine scratching that you get on aluminium surfaces -- see photos) on the surfaces, but essentially what you'd expect after a year of use.

Machine is in Melbourne (Windsor). I'd ideally like someone to pick it up, but if you want to freight it (at your cost) I'm happy to put it in the BES900 box for you (kept it for that reason).

If you'd like additional photos, let me know and I'm happy to provide them.

I'm asking $450 ONO. Hugh -- My phone: 0431304464, email hugh@dialogueconsulting.com.au
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Javaphile; 8 November 2013, 08:01 AM. Reason: Item(s) have been sold

I live in another state's Windsor.

Pity that. I'll watch and wait.

Comment

BUMP -- price reduction to $400!

Nobody is interested?! I can throw in some beans from Dukes if it sweetens the deal?

Comment

Am very tempted, but on the fence with the coming recession..

Why are you selling the special designed tamper from the dual boiler that fits into the magnetic holder? If you ever want to resell it, it would be worth less without it.

Comment

Originally posted by iampivot View Post
          Am very tempted, but on the fence with the coming recession..
          Seeing as how the internationally recognized definition of a recession is when there have two successive quarters of negative growth, and given that we are still experiencing positive growth (albeit a bit slowed down from previous quarters), I would suggest that you might be holding off without sound reason. Damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead says I. Life is far too short to resist all temptation

Comment

Originally posted by iampivot View Post
            Why are you selling the special designed tamper from the dual boiler that fits into the magnetic holder? If you ever want to resell it, it would be worth less without it.
            You make a good point, but if you've used the BES900 tamper before, it's horrible -- I love the machine, but it just doesn't have that nice satisfying solid build quality to it that the Silvia does -- particularly in the group handle (obv the Silvia's included tamper is a joke....but I got a decent one from coffee-a-roma).

I'll have a think about it -- but for anyone interested in buying ( ) the point is that it comes 'ready to go' -- all you need is to add coffee (+grinder if you want *good* coffee :P ). So I may end up swapping out the tamper with another one of similar quality/style....

PS I agree with @vinitasse -- you should totally 'just do it'

Comment

My offer still stands if all else fails

Comment

Hi Hugh

Is this still for sale?

Comment

Nope I bought it, but is possibly up for sale again!

I used it for work for *myself* for only a couple of weeks before unfortunately we had to move to a building with hundreds of people (from one that only had my team in it when I bought it), so didn't want to take it there incase it got pinched or damaged.

Currently gathering dust at home, incase the R58 needs a sub. Otherwise happy to hang on to it.

No box though as per original sale. Hugh also threw in a nicer Rancilio tamper and mat.

Located in ACT.

Comment

Working...
                  X