Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!! Elektra Microcasa Semiautomatica Copper/Brass and matching MSC grinder

I have decided to part with this beloved machine on my quest to the next level of home hardware - the dual boiler. One of the most beautiful machines you will ever see producing one of the finest espressos possible on any machine sub $4000. The coffee this machine produces (in the right hands!) is amazing. You can read some very comprehensive reviews Here -

Elektra Microcasa Semi Automatica Espresso Machine Review • Home-Barista.com
    or
    CoffeeGeek - Elektra Microcasa Semi Automatica

which both give very realistic representations of the machine.

I recently replaced the element so while I had her apart replaced all the seals, gave a thorough service, replaced the pressure switch, vac valve and descaled the boiler. The milk wand is the most simple and effective Ive used on a domestic machine, it has awesome power. There are some wear and tear marks from where the group handle has rested on the base and where the milk jug has rubbed against the boiler body during texturizing. I have tried to show this in the photos but it is so shiny its hard to see them! The machines retail around the $2000 mark new.

I recently purchased new burrs for the grinder but was sent the wrong ones, as it is my third grinder I haven't got around to re-ordering them, I have just been using it for my coarse grinds for cold filters etc. the burrs are around the $60 mark to replace. They are around $1000 new now as far as my searches tell me. This grinder also has added the matching eagle as on the machine which is not standard issue.

Besides the requirement for burrs both are in excellent operating order.

I am selling the set together only as I think it would be a crime to separate them, I'm asking $1800.00 for the set.
    Also included is the double pour group handle and double basket.

Feel free to come see/try otherwise I can organise freighting at your cost. I am in Bendigo Victoria 3550.
    Attached Files

More pics

Heres some more images of the grinder too...
    Attached Files

Comment

The Semiautomaticas are awesome machines. Good luck with the sale.

Comment

You could almost buy these just for the art: the espresso-making is a bonus!

*drool*

Comment

Hi,
          I have sent a PM looking for more information about the machine.

Comment

Price dropped! and more photos

Looks like we might be in a coffee machine buying recession so I'm dropping the price

$1700 for the set to assist in buying new burrs.

Cheers

Dan
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi there, still for sale?
              What are the payment options? paypal or?
              do you have receipts for the work done on machine?
              how much for both including safe passage to Sydney 2150?
              thnks
              Gham

Comment

Yes it is still available. I will check the freight costs and PM you. I have a receipt from coffeeparts for the parts. you can pay straight into my bank account as there is about an extra $35 in fees through Paypal.
                Thanks

Comment

Pm sent, cheers.

Comment

Surprisingly this awesome machine and grinder are still here

now asking $1600.00 to make it irresistible!

Comment

Brilliant Machine. I have gone from a Giotto, to a Minore III to an Elektra Mircrocasa SXCD and the Elektra produces by far the best shots and a milk texture that is unreal. Some of the other coffee forums have very accurate assessments of this machine. Sure there are some trade-offs, like the ridiculously small drip tray (fixed with a $2 plastic container), but in my opinion its the best sub $4k machine if you are after in the cup performance.

Good luck with the sale.

Comment

Yes its true, the milk wand is amazing, performance of a commercial machine. I can't figure out how they've made the wand pressure so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Speyside108 View Post
                          Brilliant Machine. I have gone from a Giotto, to a Minore III to an Elektra Mircrocasa SXCD and the Elektra produces by far the best shots and a milk texture that is unreal. Some of the other coffee forums have very accurate assessments of this machine. Sure there are some trade-offs, like the ridiculously small drip tray (fixed with a $2 plastic container), but in my opinion its the best sub $4k machine if you are after in the cup performance.

Good luck with the sale.
                          I agree with the the quality of the MicroCasa. These are superb machines.
                          BTW, retail price for a new MicroCasa from a reputable dealer is closer to $3,000, not $2,000. Add the grinder and I assume you would be around $3,500.

Be warned ... once you buy an Elektra you may be smitten

Comment

This Item is now SOLD, thanks to all for your interest.

Comment

Working...
                            X