X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!! ECM Botticelli with Watlow PID

ECM 'Botticelli' for sale.

Bought in 2006 from Talk Coffee and used for about 10 cups of coffee per week until June 2011, when we upgraded.
    Meticulously maintained, always run on filtered water, back-flushed daily, chem clean monthly and de-scaled every 3 months.
    Since June 2011 it has been sitting in the cupboard, only getting out every 3 months or so to get flushed and cleaned, polished and put back in the cupboard.
    The machine was fitted with one of Jim Gallt's Watlow PIDs in 2007, which made the Bott step up a class... PIDing it eliminated flushing and/or burnt coffee and improved the shots dramatically... the coffee went from nice most of the time to sweet, simply beautiful, all the time.

Because of the super shots, good steam and her very forgiving attitude to clumsy operators, I have always been very fond of the Bott, which is why she stayed in the cupboard... sentimental me thought that maybe, one day, she would come in handy, when we hit the road again
    But, our plans have changed and she is way too good to stay in the dark.

As this unit has been travelling around Australia with us, the body has wear and tear marks in the form of some surface scratches, but nothing a good polish would not remove.(see pic)
    The buttons have wear from use; I believe new ones can be ordered; Chris ( Talk Coffee) may know where.
    We are in Tasmania, so unless you are on the island with us, the unit will have to be shipped or carted by a friendly accommodating tourist on the Spirit.... she weighs 12.5 kg, so please calculate shipping costs to your postcode.

CS Coffeechaos posted a good link with some info and hope he does not mind me using it too... : Introducing the ECM Botticelli II

$475.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by scoota_gal; 4 September 2013, 06:58 AM.

offers, please.. need to shift this.

Comment

Does this one have the original, non-swivel steamwand?

Comment

yes, it does.
        'edited' : she does have an aftermarket steam tip on it though... the original broad tip was way too much steam for me and I chose to use a narrow-head two hole tip.

L

Comment

.....$400 ono.....

Comment

Is this the HX? Just reading that 'Introducing..' link it sounds like it was an option.. or is it more of a single boiler/rancilio silvia competitor?

Comment

Wouldnt be too much point in PID'ing a HX. I'd say single boiler.

Comment

mmm I see..

*backs slowly away with his stupid questions*.

Cheers :P GL! sounds like a boss machine for the price.

Comment

@hamm: Ha!.. no such thing as a silly question ;-) I see what you mean though, it does make mention of HX Brew Head as an upgrade... Funny choice of words probably to introduce some confusion. HX (when compared to single boiler, twin boiler, thermoblock etc) has the brew water piped through the boiler to maintain brew temp where as Silvia etc with single boiler uses the tank water for brew, and steam, and hot water tap.

for $400, I wish I had a need for it, just for the bling and LED's and guage.. oh, and the espresso..

Comment

it is a single boiler, and as far as I am concerned, Sylvia is the Bott's competitor
                    Before I PID'ed it , it made great coffee, but needed a flush before pulling the shot.
                    With the PID she is super stabile and produces the sweetest shots.
                    The tall build gives her a small footprint; I still think she is one of the most stylish machines!

L

Comment

Working...
                    X