X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: Boema commercial lever 1950-60's

Hi

Up for sale is my Boema lever machine. I've been after a commercial lever for a long time and I bought this to restore. The next week a Brugnetti Aurora came up for sale so I bought that as well! Two levers is too many unfortunately so time to pass this one on.
    Great bit of Australian history. It might be lacking the refinement of the european machines from the same era but it is very solidly built and well set up it works the same as any dipper lever.
    I bought it in 'recently refurbished' condition which it certainly was not. I have since done a full teardown, descale and have replaced parts when necessary so it is now working great. This includes new spring, (the old one was rusted through) polishing of the group cylinder, replacement of rusted group studs, new boiler and group gaskets, new group seal, new dispersion screen and one of the bearing runners in the group top was cracked so I took that to my local machine shop and got it pinned and brazed.

The machine is 10amp and has both manual and autofill. It has and older style pressurestat which works well, I currently have it set around 1.1 bar. The only thing wrong with it is that the manometer is broken. It may be fixable otherwise a replacement shouldn't be costly.

The machine includes the original portafilter and a single basket that it came with. The portafilters were made in house and I don't think are compatible with standard baskets however i found if you use a thicker gasket and some spacers standard portafilters work. I have included one and some baskets as well.

The machine is located in canberra. Local pickup available and I can probably get in down to melbourne just after easter.
    I'm open to organising a courier. I still need to weigh it though to see the cost.

Just trying to $1350 ono

Will update with larger pictures later

Thanks for looking!

Pm sent, random words to make 10 characters

Comment

Machine is sold pending payment

Comment

Larger pics would be great just to see what I have missed out on.

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X