Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!SOLD!!! - FS: Faema E98 Compact A1 rotary tanked (Perth)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: Faema E98 Compact A1 rotary tanked (Perth)

I have finally got a blingy E61 machine I have been lusting for, so my trusty Faema is for sale.

Faema E98 Compact A1
    Rotary pump with volumetric control (also full manual)
    Built in water tank (3.5 litres) or can be plumbed in
    Heat exchanger machine, boiler capacity is 2.5 litres
    Low water tank level warning/safety cutout
    Auto fill boiler with low water level safety cutout (if no water in the tank to refill boiler) - so can use a timer to turn on machine
    2000 build
    These things are built like a tank, weighs around 50kg from memory.

Included in sale:
    Coffee machine
    Standard portafilter
    Naked portafilter
    Single and double spouts
    Single, double and blind baskets
    Drain hose
    Drip tray for non plumbed use
    User manual

Grinder and sodastream not included

Capable of making a gret brew.

The machine is in very good overall condition.

Thinking $1200. Located in Perth.

Cheers

what did you get artman

Comment

I got a Bezzera Domus Galatea.

I must say I do miss the quietness/refinement of the rotary Faema but am loving the Bezzera bling!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post
        I got a Bezzera Domus Galatea.

I must say I do miss the quietness/refinement of the rotary Faema but am loving the Bezzera bling!

Cheers
        I've have a Domus Galatea and am in Perth, great machine, very noice Faema too! I will put the feelers out - a friend is in the market.

Comment

ooooh nicely done

but yes the faema looks great and will definitely make the new owner a very happy person

Comment

$1000. Not sure if I am asking too much for it? Price is negotiable.

PS is there an easy way to modify the price in the original message?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post
              $1000. Not sure if I am asking too much for it? Price is negotiable.

PS is there an easy way to modify the price in the original message?

Cheers
              Seems a very good price, its a $3000+ new isnt it? There's not much to break on them and in the worst case parts are plentiful and not too exxy.

I'd be interested if i didnt already own 2 La Cimbali jnrs!

Curious on the difference in the cup between the Faema and the BZ??

Comment

i would've grabbed this in an instant if I were in the market for a machine

great option for anyone considering something like a BDB

Comment

Yeah I think new they are about $4k or so? Not that it matters now.

Agree, they are built very heavy duty, easy access inside, can see it lasting a very long time. It really has everything you need, rotary pump, tanked or plumbed, volumetric or manual, lots of steam, water dispensor temp adjustable (mixes supply water with boiler water), and is also surprisingly versatile with access to water tank without moving cups, heaps of storage on top for cups (with built in drain) etc.

Compared the the BZ? Well I have to say I have had the Faema nailed in getting consistent ripper shots out of it, the BZ I am still learning and so far I would have to say the Faema tops it. I do love the bling though and I am sure once I "learn" the BZ it will be just as capable. And like I have mentioned before, the quitness/refinement of the rotary is being sorely missed, no more having new the machine truned on via timer while the kids are asleep, the BZ vibe pump wakes them up!

Cheers

Comment

Sold.

I was sad to see my first "real" coffee machine go, but it's gone to a fellow enthusiast. It was nice having my last coffee from it this morning, now I just need to work on getting my shots on the BZ to taste as yummy.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X