This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS Rancilio Silvia in Sydney

I just bought a Vibiemme and bench space is critical.

I want to keep my Silvia but nothing can be done about this now as the chrome beast has usurped her space.

So.

2002 Rancilio Silvia.
    Has been my one-or-two-a-day machine for a few years.

I was cleaning irregularly and have descaled it two or three times a year, but have been so busy since Christmas that I haven't done anything except add water.

The pump was getting tired and a bit noisy so I pulled it out and found the resistance over the coil was getting a bit too high. Forum sponsors espressobits supplied me with a new pump which I installed this morning and instantly the extraction went back up to beautiful-sticky-toffee-delight again. The replacement pump has a brass core, the original had a plastic core.
    I was also going to change the group main gasket, but it is still soft and doing its job. Buyer can have the new gasket.

Condition would be described as good. Cosmetically there are no dents, but the stainless has definitely lost that mirror shine. It looks average next to the Domobar. There is a small amount of rust in the corners of the frame under the stainless drip-tray.

I'd prefer to sell this without the naked PF and basket as they cost me about $100 and fit my new machine perfectly.

Price is thus $300 for machine only.

I'm in Stanmore, inner western Sydney but only home weekends. I'm happy to make you a coffee with it, and you'd be welcome to bring your favourite beans to compare to your own machine. I've attached a photo of the first post-pump replacement extraction.
    Attached Files

I am amenable to offers.

Comment

Hey, is it still for sale? Looking to get into home espresso and it sounds like the silvia is the ticket.

Comment

Hi drnobody69, you should have a PM.
        It is still available.

Comment

Interested in the machine I pm'd you

Comment

Thanks for all the interest. Machine sold to a fellow snob.

Comment

Working...
            X