Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!SOLD!!! - For Sale Corretto setup SYD - $50!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - For Sale Corretto setup SYD - $50!

Time to move on from what has been reliable, repeatable and award winning roasting corretto setup. I will be moving house soon, so time to evolve my roasting onto something else.

The bread machine is completely stripped inside except for the motor, which is wired directly for ON / OFF.
    I took the base off today to inspect and I am happy with the condition that the wiring is in. This appliance was never intended for this use, so you may want to have it looked at by who ever you see fit. The belt is looking very good, no cracks to be seen. I calculated I have roasted about 40kg of green over the last year and a bit and it just keeps going strong.

The pan is insulated with a fire blanket, its looking very used, but still on there nice and tight and doing its job.
    I originally sanded the circular path of the paddle, so that beans were not progressively picking off the non stick coating. The rest of the pan is WELL seasoned. It has a lid that locks into place via a notch onto the pan handle.
    Its made out of some heat shielding that was inside the bread machine. This lid sits directly on top of the pan lip, effectively isolating the pan, except for the little opening that serves as a loading / exhaust port.

Comes with custom bent CS probe ( on purpose ) in the direction of the flow of the beans mass, gives steady repeatable readings. You will just need the CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay - Other Stuff - USB Temperature Data Logger

Heat gun is the well known Bosch PHG630DCE, about a year old, which i got after my cheapo one died.

I am including the bottle capper and clamp for holding the heat gun. The brick and blocks of wood are not included.
    I have had this on an old trolley with the capper screwed down securely.

You will also need to construct a bean cooler.

The way I have this setup in the picture,(nozzle tip just inside lid) I only use the FAN 2 setting on the HG, with a MAX setting of 450. I have experimented with every possible combination of bean mass and fan / HG / height settings and this has proven to produce the most consistent and best tasting beans. Using consistent settings and changing the batch size will alter the length / profile of the roast. 200g fast roast 12min, 250g around 14min, 300g around 16 mins.
    Depending on the bean and what you want to get from it.
    Generally the pre heat temp gets me to end of drying phase, then the max heat setting is used up until 10 to 15 C prior to first crack, where temp is reduced to the final setting, bean dependent / how long / fast you want post FC development.

So overall I have found that the less you mess with it, the better the result, let the beans speak for themselves.
    Happy to show buyer how its done.
    Also happy not to and you can run your own experiments to find out what you like. You can of course do larger batches by making the heat gun higher up and using the FAN 3 settings, but for me quality of the ROAST suffers.

$50 pick up 2107

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	364.3 KB
ID:	756199Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_016.jpg
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	756200Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_015.jpg
Size:	290.5 KB
ID:	756201Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_013.jpg
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	756202Click image for larger version

Name:	mountaintop.jpg
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	756203

Hi Steve
    So the ole corretto is getting the shove - got an HG on the shopping list?
    FWIW this would be a good buy to get started roasters-to-be, and Steve has been getting great results from what he's described
    So happy buying!
    Matt

Comment

Great setup, worth it for the gun alone.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by DesigningByCoffee View Post
        Hi Steve
        So the ole corretto is getting the shove - got an HG on the shopping list?
        FWIW this would be a good buy to get started roasters-to-be, and Steve has been getting great results from what he's described
        So happy buying!
        Matt
        Hi Matt

HG as in Has Garanti....? I wish.....dreams of grandeur. Realistically I would never be able to push hard enough to properly pursue commercial quantities alone, so I have been pinching my pennies for a QM3.
        Its definitely a "Hobby" now.

And yes, I think back a couple of years and if I had found what I am offering here, I would have been beside myself.

Cheers

Comment

If only you were in Perth!!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Steve82 View Post
            Hi Matt

HG as in Has Garanti....?

Cheers
            Yep But the Quest sounds like a good alternative - look forward to hearing about your testing!

But you're right - a well set up corretto like yours would be a great find for any new roaster with a hands-on bent, interested in moving up at some stage to a manual commercial roaster - so many fewer skinned knuckled and trips to the hardware!

Good luck

Comment

Just an update.

Quite likely will be sold tomorrow (Sun), there is others interested also if that falls through.

Cheers

Comment

MODS please mark as SOLD.

Thanks to everyone for their interest.

Comment

Hi all, being a true newbie, I think that I'm lucky to have picked up this set. More importantly, I want to thank Steve for the lesson today. I am humbled by your knowledge and will most likely burn quite a few beans before I even come close to creating a decent batch. Wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ItchyC View Post
                    Hi all, being a true newbie, I think that I'm lucky to have picked up this set. More importantly, I want to thank Steve for the lesson today. I am humbled by your knowledge and will most likely burn quite a few beans before I even come close to creating a decent batch. Wish me luck!
                    No worries, enjoy the journey. Grab yourself a bag something easy to roast and get to it. I recomend http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/Vi...caltenango-shb

Great quality / value bean and its very forgiving.

Shame about the wind stuffing up my roasting mojo, beans should still be good through the AP.

Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                    X