Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!SOURCED!!! - WTB: Mazzer Mini (manual or electronic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOURCED!!! - WTB: Mazzer Mini (manual or electronic)

Looking to buy a used Mazzer Mini; either manual doser or the electronic model. Budget for each is as follows:

Mini Manual $450-500 (can get a new one for $610)
    Mini E $700-750 (can get a new one for $875)

Might also consider a Macap M2M or M4 doser at the right price, but preference is for a Mazzer. Would like one with the original box/packaging, but this is not a deal-breaker if flexible on price. Located in Melbourne and can pickup if local.

mazzer mini

Where can you buy a new Mini electronic for $875?

Comment

Originally posted by twwen2 View Post
      Looking to buy a used Mazzer Mini; either manual doser or the electronic model. Budget for each is as follows:

Might also consider a Macap M2M or M4 doser at the right price, but preference is for a Mazzer. Would like one with the original box/packaging, but this is not a deal-breaker if flexible on price. Located in Melbourne and can pickup if local.
      On new kit, sorry but they're not retail prices- unless they fell off the back of a truck. Best be realistic so that other members are not given unrealistic expectations.

Comment

Talk_Coffee, PM sent explaining the prices. I believe they're genuine.

Comment

Looking to buy a used Mazzer Mini; either manual doser or the electronic model.

Might also consider a Macap M4 doser at the right price, but preference is for a Mazzer. Would like one with the original box/packaging, but this is not a deal-breaker if flexible on price. Located in Melbourne and can pickup if local.

Welcome to CS, twwen2!
          Any reason for the preference?
          New pricing aside but I don't think the lack of packaging will have a dollar effect for sellers??
          ..........but you never know!! :-)

Comment

Thanks for the welcome chokkidog!

I prefer the looks of the Mazzer units, and I don't really like the lack of a portafilter rest on the Macap M4 doserless (though I honestly don't know if it would be an issue - I'm a complete newcomer and am in the process of acquiring my first espresso machine & kit).

Regarding the packaging; I buy and sell a lot of hifi gear. As both a seller and buyer, I (and many others) truly appreciate the comfort and convenience of being able to ship products in their original packaging, knowing they are packed safely. As a buyer, I wouldn't want to risk the seller packing the grinder with insufficient protection. Similarly if I was to sell the grinder in the future, I'd want to be able to do so in the original packaging for the same reasons. It's a curious need but I know I'm not alone in it!

Comment

Not that curious! I retain all original packaging of my coffee gear. My point is that the lack of it won't affect the price much, if at all.

You may want to manipulate the p/f under the chute as you grind your dose, to get a more even load, having to hold the p/f is no
              biggie and for me the constant hands on preparing a shot is a better feel.

I have a Mazzer Robur now but have owned 2 Macap M4s in the past, one a 'D', on performance I would (did) choose The Macap over
              the Mazzer Mini.

What machine do you have your eye on?

Comment

I've actually just bought a fully refurbished Silvia with PID fitted and calibrated. It's not the prettiest thing and the build is fairly average IMO, but I'm hoping it will produce positive results in the cup once I've learnt to use it

I'm already eyeing off the E61 HX machines for when my budget is able to stretch that far and my skills justify such a purcahse!

Comment

I started on the Silvia Tom and progressed through to a Breville dual boiler and now a Diadema Unico Splendor, It's very much like Hi-Fi upgradeitis
                  The Mazzer is my next grinder as I'm using the breville smart grinder for now but I think your quoted prices are for the doser models as they seem a bit low for doserless which is what you want.

Dale.

Comment

I honestly can't decide whether to get a doser or doserless. Usage would only be 2 coffees a week on weekends, so very little really. Might end up grinding beans for friends too.

Comment

Go for doserless for sure as there is no need for a doser unless you are making coffee after coffee i.e a cafe.

Comment

I know that makes sense, but I'm finding it hard to ignore comments about clumping with the doserless models?

Comment

Talk_Coffee, PM sent explaining the prices. I believe they're genuine.
                          and clarified with the vendor concerned. The prices are not correct- so my comments stand.

Comment

Your concern is unfounded; one of the casualties of the internet......truth.

When using properly roasted beans, clumps produced by high quality doserless grinders are little bits of fluff.

A good distribution technique will collapse the little things easily without resorting to toothpicks, combs or
                            other devices.

Better that than having to brush out a dosing chamber to eliminate a build up of stale grinds each time you make a coffee.

With some beans, my Robur produces clumps. Achieving an excellent pour, (naked pf) with no distribution and just tamping

is easy as. I get no channeling, squirting or any other related issues.

You're in Melbourne, you should be able to address your concerns by going out and looking?

Comment

WTB: Mazzer Mini (manual or electronic)

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                              and clarified with the vendor concerned. The prices are not correct- so my comments stand.
                              Righto, that's fair enough. Can't blame me for going on what has been advertised though!

For everyone who's been asking about the prices, Coffee Parts have the Mini Manual for $650 + postage, and the Mini E for $950 + postage. The further discount was based on my (mis)understanding of a CS membership discount that was communicated to me. I'd encourage everyone to do their own research
                              Last edited by twwen2; 2 May 2014, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X