This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOURCED!!! - WTB Expobar Office Control

After some more research I have decided I'd bypass the silvia idea & look for a second hand Expobar Office Semi Auto or Control (or something similar I should add) I've spoken to the boss & budget wise we could consider $700 mark or thereabouts. I'm currently using a 10yr old Gaggia Classic & a rocky grinder so figure my current grinder could do the job till funds allow an upgrade too. I'm in SA & fairly new to this but have been dabbling with my current setup for roughly 9months
    Last edited by geral; 7 May 2014, 10:38 AM.

Would also be interested in a Bezzera bz99, they seem to get good reports.

Comment

Anybody?? No one upgrading??

Comment

Hello geral,

I suspect that the issue may be that your prepared to pay price is well below the price that this sort of gear is worth. You might need to revisit it with a some more realistic figures.

Comment

My budget is stated as thereabouts & I know there is a site sponsor with a reconditioned bezzera for $999 but was hoping I'd come across something on here to keep my frugal husband happy

Comment

Just keep your eyes peeled, great value machines pop up from time to time but generally get snapped up quickly.

Cheers

Comment

The BZ99 can be found for well under $700. I've seen a few for sale in the past on the bay of evil (and even bought one).

Comment

Originally posted by geral View Post
                My budget is stated as thereabouts & I know there is a site sponsor with a reconditioned bezzera for $999 but was hoping I'd come across something on here to keep my frugal husband happy
                Will be a far safer buy I'd reckon.

FWIW, a VBM Domobar super arrived in the hands of a client today. It was purchased from a "caring owner". Really, really severe limescale and a number of issues which need to be attended to. There is even substantial lime in the water tank! This bargain is going to take quite a few hours to get right. Just one example of a machine which is no longer the bargain that the purchaser though it was.

Be careful with preowned gear that you can't see and touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                  Will be a far safer buy I'd reckon.

FWIW, a VBM Domobar super arrived in the hands of a client today. It was purchased from a "caring owner". Really, really severe limescale and a number of issues which need to be attended to. There is even substantial lime in the water tank! This bargain is going to take quite a few hours to get right. Just one example of a machine which is no longer the bargain that the purchaser though it was.

Be careful with preowned gear that you can't see and touch.
                  I second that. Having me be the fool to purchase from interstate.
                  At least it's in now the hands of an honest expert.
                  cheers Chris

Comment

Aww.... You're probably being a tad harsh on yourself Extreme.

Our experiences are that pretty much every pre-loved machine for sale is perfect in the eyes of the seller. Buyers however often find that the truth is somewhat different.

A recent ECM Veneziano S1. Rare and collectable machine- or it was before some bright spark decided that the rotary pump and motor plus all ancillary plumbing were not required and replaced them with a vibe pump. Internally, it was a train wreck. Something of value was then pretty much worthless.

Rick had a Unico Splendor in this week. Same story. Initially it looked like a shagged boiler with stalactites of blue extending from the lower weld. Fortunately in this case, it was just the teflon gasket and then a whole lot of love (and money) in other repairs to get the machine operational.

Moral of the story- At best, assume a good few hundy in repairs and service unless someone can eyeball and verify the machine. At worst- scrap metal.

Comment

FOUND - A 5yr old Bezzera BZ02, perfect condition & barely used, now will my rocky cut the mustard is the question? Mods can u deal with my ad, no longer searching goodbye gaggia classic hello Bezzera

Comment

Congrats! Rocky should be fine, very solid little grinder.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X