Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!SOLD!!! - Gaggia Montecarlo unrestored..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - Gaggia Montecarlo unrestored..

Montecarlo 1956 I believe ...correct me if wrong, internals of the Americano, nice and simple with what I might call an export fibreglass cover.......
    I got it some years ago I decided to start it up .. and it ran, came up to temp - and then the old mercury pressure switch blew a fuse ...
    Always intended to restore but I have 3 old machines and thats probably 2 too many
    98 percent complete.. BRAND new old stock acrylic top cover.
    A is missing..!
    That seems to be the original paint.It was a hopeless red-brown ..which I scraped off
    I think it would make a lovely rat machine.. That was my intention..
    Restore interior and keep exterior as it is.
    I am of the impression that the machine is in good order and with a clean up and new seals will go well
    The internals of the group head sure seem good.
    I had a bit of an old school machine man strip it down to this stage for me..
    But thenn I got the americano .. and that has Gas so I am restoring that instead.
    As you can see it has the original bancroft Melbourne sticker on the front.....
    I can make a jolly good crate and ship it where ever you want.
    $2450 au.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

gaggia montecarlo more pics..

more pics.. thank you
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, any idea of the size please? Also is the locking cam on the top of the group missing or just somewhere else. Don't suppose you can tell, but is the left hand element had a new bolt threaded in, looks to be in a non-standard place. Is the machine in NZ? Are the additional groupheads from your americano? I am restoring an Internationale (almost complete) but could be interested. Cheers, Chris

Comment

Wow, that is an amazing piece of history you have there! All the best with the sale. If I wasn't restoring another 50's machine I would be all over this!

Comment

you have a Pan Am delivery truck ?

Comment

240 watts at 2000 volts! That misprint is gold! Wish I was in the market for this but I'm sure it won't last long.

Comment

its a 1966 vespa ape.. sold new to pan am - doesn't everyone have one of these !!?

Comment

hello , gyro/chris, cam is all there incl wee spring....yo may be right about the lh element.. obviously it doesnt leak..! Machine is in nz, I am able to package and arrange shipping with ease.Yes groups are off the americano.. I will try and get some seals for them .. machine 62 w 55h 65deep sorry for the delay..regards Chris

Comment

Sold- thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X