X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - Rocket Giotto R58 Dual Boiler

OK here we go.....

I am looking to part ways with my 3 week old Rocket R58 Dual Boiler - purchased from The Beanery in Emporium for $3,800 (receipt with warranty provided).

Have decided to purchase a La Marzocco GS3 instead (which was originally in the mix as a potential upgrade from my VBM Domobar Junior).

In short the Rocket R58 is an exceptional machine, but lack of due diligence on my part means there are some cosmetic issues which I am not happy with. Part of the problem is kitchen design which sort of links into my fussiness about a small drip tray and water reservoir in the R58 (would prefer not to plumb in). I also acknowledge that the GS3 has copped a lot of flack about its water reservoir, but it would actually suit my kitchen design better (without wanting to go into war and peace about the architecture and design of my kitchen).

As you will all know the the rocket R58 allows full temperature control and uses a rotary pump.

Comes with original box, two portafilters, tamper, cover bag and external temperature control unit (and original receipt as mentioned above).

In mint condition. Would prefer pickup from West Melbourne (3003).

Can post interstate at your expense using Pack & Send (the VBM Domobar Junior which I recently posted to Brisbane cost $261 as a benchmark).

Will provide mobile number to genuine buyers.

Happy to demo the machine and pull a couple of espresso shots.

Price firm at $3,400 but would also consider a direct trade on a GS3 (either private or business).

I am going to go ahead and buy a GS3 so as to ensure there is no risk I am without a coffee machine during the transition from the Rocket R58 to the GS3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140902_055115[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	756640Click image for larger version

Name:	20140902_055045[1].jpg
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	756641Click image for larger version

Name:	20140902_055034[1].jpg
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	756642

Beautiful machine Faatshank good luck with the sale!

Comment

Thanks.
      I am thinking that the asking price is reasonable given it is a few weeks old - but time will tell.
      Have had a couple of sniffs just shy of $3,400 asking price so we will see.
      It really is a nice machine, but as you can see in the photos, it sits under my inbuilt microwave storage, so refilling can be awkward (yes I am fussy!).
      Faatshank

Comment

My GS3 gets delivered on Thursday so very excited. Cant wait to benchmark it against the R58......

Comment

PM sent. I'm hoping to get hold of this beauty

Comment

Enjoy your new GS3 J, glad I could help you get a good deal on the machine and I look forward to customising it in the future with some one off hand made timber sides and handles! Good luck with the sale of your R58! Cheers, Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan - it was a pleasure dealing with you, awesome deal on the GS3. Will contact you after the GS3 arrives to discuss customisation.....

Comment

in the interest of full disclosure, the highest bid on the R58 is with Pauly404. If no higher bid is received by 5pm Friday 12th September (under one week from now) the machine will be sold to Pauly404.

Comment

Actually make that midday on Friday for bidding cut off......

Comment

GLWS Faatshank. Mods might well prefer that you keep any negotiations to PM or email. It's the not an auction site thing....http://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-har...icy-rules.html

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Understood - thanks.

Comment

My fingers are crossed.....

Comment

If I get this one my 2 year old Rocket Evoluzione will be on the market on Sat..... Just a heads up

Comment

OK. The deal is done. Thanks Julian !! I will now list my EVO on another FS thread

Comment

All - the R58 has been sold.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X