X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!PRESUMED SOLD!!! - FS: Olympia Cremina - Almost New with Accessories

Hi All you CS'ers...

Up for grabs is my Olympia Cremina. Its the new one, with the updated internals purchased from the factory itself with the help of CoffeeParts in Sydney.

Price - $3000 - this will include machine, all extras that came in the box, and a replacement set of seals for the machine (and anything else I have lying around...)

It is basically brand new with a couple of extras - I have added a thermal strip to the group head (an absolute necessity if you want consistant shots) and have a spare set of seals for the unit. The seals probably last about 18mths with regular use, but are fairly cheap and easy to replace yourself (you dont have to be too much of a handy man or have a whole bunch of tools).

These things are bullet-proof! There are models of these from the 40's, 50's and 60's that are still producing as good a shots as when they were first made.

The finish on these is exceptional and I have absolutely no complaints.

It is really a machine for someone who likes a challenge, and enjoys the journey of extracting good coffee just as much as the destination. I will be very sore to see it go - I was looking at keeping this as a legacy machine, you know, one you can give to your kids - but circumstances have changed and I need to let it go.

Probably suited for someone who is looking to purchase a new one, but at a discounted price.

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to answer any and all requests.

I have included a couple of real life shots (excuse the one with food, I don't normally drink milky coffees, so when someone came over for brekkie the other day, i took a shot) of both the machine and its results.

Enjoy!

JC
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joel_markus; 13 October 2014, 01:26 PM. Reason: forgot price - D'oH!

I wish I had the $3K to snap this up.

Good idea to let us know where you are (suburb/location) and whether you prefer pick up only or are prepared to send.

Many of us might be curious to know why you are selling (and if the breakfast is included).

Comment

Originally posted by flynnaus View Post
      Many of us might be curious to know why you are selling (and if the breakfast is included).
      It feels like you don't get a lot of change out of $3k when you go out for breakfast around here!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up flynnaus...

Location is in South Australia (Glenelg), however as i have all the boxes still, I can send at buyers expense - I normally use something like Transdirect, it's really cheap and reliable - but you can use who you like.

Thanks.

Comment

As for the reason for sale... I am looking to move overseas to the US, and wont be able to take this with me as they run a 110V system. I don't want to have a massive transformer on the benchtop.

I will probably be looking to purchase another one of these overseas - as I said, they are amazing. I cant speak highly enough about them.

If you are around the area and want a trial, feel free to come past and have a coffee and we can talk all things espresso!

Comment

Cheers. I'm in Sydney, I have the will but not the means ($). Good luck with the sale.

Comment

Or take the machine with you and get a new element and pressurestat from Cerini when you get there. That should be all that needs to changed.
              Cost about $200 US.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up jmc, but I'd rather not mess with electricity and it's probably not going to fit in luggage.

If it doesn't sell, I'll be leaving it with a mate until I can either come back or he buys it. ��

Comment

Thanks for the info kokos, good to know it can be done.

Again though, not to sound like a killjoy, but i cant take it even if i wanted to, i don't have the luggage allocation. I will be buying one from there, and leaving this one with my mate.

Good luck with the sale, hope you find someone who wants it - however a little cheeky don't you think listing yours on this listing when you're not even allowed to yet? hmmmm... whatever.

Still for sale by the way, I leave in 2 weeks.

Comment

Hi All,

there are now 3 of these things on here... all great choices, and definitely something for the coffee enthusiast, not just your average java drinker.

Without being biased, I can absolutely recommend these things. They are bulletproof - they will seriously last as long as you with a little bit of care, and make an amazing espresso - they even have a decent amount of dry steam pressure, not a lot of machines of this size can even come close to that.

Go ahead and buy one of these machines, if not for you, for your kids... it can be something that you can safely leave as a legacy for little Timmy... for when he is old enough to make espresso's for his kids!

In all seriousness, ask any one of us, they are amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by joel_markus View Post
                      Hi All,

there are now 3 of these things on here... all great choices, and definitely something for the coffee enthusiast, not just your average java drinker.

Without being biased, I can absolutely recommend these things. They are bulletproof - they will seriously last as long as you with a little bit of care, and make an amazing espresso - they even have a decent amount of dry steam pressure, not a lot of machines of this size can even come close to that.

Go ahead and buy one of these machines, if not for you, for your kids... it can be something that you can safely leave as a legacy for little Timmy... for when he is old enough to make espresso's for his kids!

In all seriousness, ask any one of us, they are amazing!
                      Well said Joel_Markus it is good to see so many levers here in Aus, new and old. Good luck with your sale.

Comment

Working...
                      X