Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOURCED!!! - Wtb- Sunbeam em6900 collar- new or used,ideally less then $50

Don't need the whole machine, I'm in 3690 region,please check your supply of spares.

I have a spare 6900, will check the condition of the collar tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by mulquemi View Post
      Don't need the whole machine, I'm in 3690 region,please check your supply of spares.
      Hi mulquemi

I happen to have a brand new (almost) 6900 collar, courtesy of 5 Senses Rockingham. They put it into my older 6910 when it needed a warranty replacement. Their repair "work", which they refused to back up, flooded the kitchen after a few days. It possibly did as many as ten shots. At even the most casual glance, the two parts are a completely different mounting system. They also left out a whole pile of screws, so at least Coffee Classic did not have to take many things off later when they did a brilliant professional repair at my cost. Shoddy workmanship does not go far enough to describe the 5 effort. If 5 senses had either technical or ethical nous they would have either fixed it with the correct part in the first place or paid the CC bill out of sheer embarrassment at their utter SNAFU. Needless to say, hell will freeze over before they get any of my trade...

$50 ono is fine (sorry bout the vent, however that machine still makes better coffee than any other 6910 I have ever used. Barbarians.). PM me if interested.

TampIt

Comment

Collar for sunbeam

Dear Coffee,
        Thank you your prompt replies, most appreciated.
        I purchased these from a kind soul in Melbourne for $50 for five machines (6900 & 6910) /so it would be easy to over capitalize with spare replacement parts.
        Your offer of a almost new collar is kind however,if I can get one for next to nix I'd be within my budget!
        If no joy,then I reassess my budget,thank you.
        Cheers
        Mick

Comment

Hi mulquemi,

My old 6910, now retired, wore the collar after 5 or so years - pf would go way over to the right and still not quite manage to seal the basket onto the seal. If that's what i driving your need you could try my fix, which was to cut a washer to match the back of the seal and fit that; I cut from a silicon baking mat which was a good thickness (ie not much) and food grade as a bonus. Worked a treat.

Gavin

Comment

Gavin,
            Thanks for your suggestion regarding the shim idea with silicone matting however,the collar I am wanting replaced has become excessively worn by the misalignment of a previously used porta filter,one whole length of 25mm is missing and therefore unable to correctly and solidly lock into place. One locking ear is actually disengaged preventing any locking/sealing against the gasket.
            My only cause of action is to replace the collar with a far less worn one or one"as new" condition.
            Thanks for your kind suggestion.
            Cheers
            Mick.

Comment

Ah, that's something that not even MacGyver could fix with a baking sheet, toothpaste and breadcrumbs!

Comment

TampIt,
                Thanks for the offer of a "as new" em6900 collar,please send your account and bsb numbers so I may deposit $$.
                Have PM'ed my address info,once again,thanks and I look forward to getting the collar on properly working this time,despite what some people say,I like the sunbeams and their quirky behaviours!
                Cheers
                Mick

Comment

Working...
                X