This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: Behmor 1600 Plus Roaster - Near new - Excellent condition

Up for sale is my near new Behmor 1600 Plus Coffee Roaster.
    It probably doesn't need any introduction on this site - but you can click on the Behmor link in the menu above if you want to see more info.
    I bought this from Andy when the Plus was released at the end of May this year and got it beginning of June. Ie, it is 5 months old.
    It is the new 'Plus' version with the excellent manual controls and the weight in grams.

I have done 34 roasts (all my roasts are logged) mostly of sizes 170-280g, so it has roasted about 8kg of coffee.
    It is in excellent condition, no scratches or marks on the outside. It has of course got a little bit of discolouration on the rear grill around the elements as you would expect after 30 roasts (The photo actually makes it look a lot worse than it is!). The chaff tray also has a bit of discolouration. None of this affects the performance though.
    I have cleaned it with the recommended 'Simple green' cleaning spray and done a dry burn about every 5 or so roasts as recommended.

This roaster would really suit someone who wants to buy a new one, but can't wait until they come back in stock, or wants to save a few dollars...
    It is an excellent roaster and there is no problems with it at all (It is still under warranty - I'm assuming it has 12 months warranty?).

The only reason I'm selling it, is that I had a case of the dreaded 'upgraditis' and bought an ex-demo Hottop recently at a good price when I had a bit of extra cash. I wasn't at all unhappy with the Behmor - I was very happy with the results, but had been looking at the Hottops for a while - just well out of my price range new.

I'm going to start with asking $350.
    I realise that once you take into account the shipping and free bag of coffee, it isn't a lot off the new price. However, they also aren't available at the moment. and given that it is so new, I don't want to lose too much money on it.

I'm based in Adelaide and happy for anyone local to come and have a look/pickup.
    I have all the original (double) boxes and packaging and am happy to ship it interstate. To Melbourne looks about $25 by courier inc insurance and about $35 to Brisbane.

Send me a PM if you want to make an offer or discuss shipping. I'll see if there is interest for a bit before I consider any lower offers.

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Files

I don't know about the 1600, but does it have a lot of noise?

I really want to hear those cracks and hated using my oven (with a roasting drum to mimic the 1600), it really is a bummber that i couldn't hear the cracking well enough though

Comment

Originally posted by TheLudicrousBean View Post
      I don't know about the 1600, but does it have a lot of noise?

I really want to hear those cracks and hated using my oven (with a roasting drum to mimic the 1600), it really is a bummber that i couldn't hear the cracking well enough though
      It is actually really quiet. I had no trouble hearing the cracks on any bean that I roasted, Peru through to Yemen.
      I used a Coretto style before (bread maker and heat gun), that was heaps noiser and was sometimes a bit hard to hear the cracks, but still ok... But the Behmor is almost silent in comparison. Certainly quieter than the new Hottop.

If you have a look around at some of the posts on here on the Behmor, you will find everyone else agrees. I haven't seen anyone disappointed with the Behmor yet - and the Plus upgrade gives you manual control over the element too. Certainly something I used for every roast!

Comment

Hi All,
        Thanks for your interest via PMs. This has now been SOLD.

PS - I can't find a way to edit the post - is this not allowed in the For Sale forum?

Comment

Working...
        X