X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOURCED!!! - WTB: Fully articulated steam wand with female fitting

Hi CSers,

I'd like to replace the steam wand on my Brugnetti Simona Top. This is the original one on the machine -

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414697710.224273.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	756817

It does a surprisingly good job for such a small and funny shaped wand, but it has started to leak which has me thinking I might upgrade. I've stopped the leak for now by adding an o-ring inside the assembly so there's no huge rush and I'd like to do it right. The assembly attaches to this male threaded fitting -

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414697861.153398.jpg
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	756818

Unfortunately this fitting is really small at just 1/8BSP so I'll probably have to put an adapter on. That doesn't really worry me and it does mean that my options for a replacement are quite wide. It looks like I can probably get something off a parts supplier for around $60 or maybe less from somewhere like CafeParts, but I thought I'd check in here first to see if anyone has anything lying around. I've had a look around online and it looks like some of the Breville and Sunbeam steam arms are actually really good and will be small enough for me being domestic parts where many commercial arms will be too long. The space I have to work with measures about 150mm from the male fitting to the drip tray and I'd like to still be able to purge into the drip tray if possible. You can see it here -

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414698230.860748.jpg
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	756819

I'd like to pay as little as possible if I'm buying 2nd hand, anything up to about $30 including postage to Sydney is ok. Let me know if you can help. Cheers.

Still haven't found anything locally and the leak is starting to reappear. So I'm keen to get something. Let me know if you can help in any way possible.

Comment

BTW, IMHO your machine has an unusual steam wand shape...

Was it like that out of the box or did something happen to it?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLudicrousBean View Post
        BTW, IMHO your machine has an unusual steam wand shape...

Was it like that out of the box or did something happen to it?

Yes it is unusual, but its a very old machine. I've only had this for a few months but based on the product catalogue I have for it that is how they were supplied. It took me a while to work it out, but I've got it now and if it wasn't leaking I'd be happy to keep it as it does a good job.

Comment

LerRoyC,
          I have a sunbeam em6910 steam arm ,you could have for postage to Kiwi land,would that suit.
          They do a surprisingly good job steaming/frothing what do you think ?
          Cheers,
          Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by mulquemi View Post
            LerRoyC,
            I have a sunbeam em6910 steam arm ,you could have for postage to Kiwi land,would that suit.
            They do a surprisingly good job steaming/frothing what do you think ?
            Cheers,
            Mick.
            Mick! I think that would be awesome!! From memory its a nice looking wand that has a fitting I should be able to work with. Its definitely worth a try. I'll send you a PM with some address details. Cheers.

Comment

LeroyC,
              As seen below,the coupling thread is a weird one,see how you go with it,perhaps re-tap it out to suit your adapter or the thread your trying to fix to.
              Do some sizing from the image and confirm what options you have before it arrives.
              Cheers,
              Mick.

Last edited by mulquemi; 4 November 2014, 09:36 PM. Reason: another angle

Comment

Thanks for that Mick. It could be 3/8BSP, it's certainly close based on the internal diameter of the nut. Hopefully it is. One question - what is the spring for? Does it go inside the nut or something?
                I was actually in a homewares store today that had an EM6910 in stock so I was able to check out the wand. Its a pretty good looking wand and I'm quietly confident its gonna work for me.

Comment

LeroyV,
                  Stainless compression springs goes in front of wand nut to provide tension to wand arm,stops it flopping about,without it you cannot use the steamer bacause the arm would rocket about.
                  Cheers,
                  Mick.

Comment

Rancilio wands fit on gaggias

But do you think the diameters and connections will work with your machine..

IMHO, it may not be installable... just a thought and my 2 cents

Comment

fixing stuff so it will work.

LeroyC,
                      Remember where there's a will there will be a way!
                      Cheers,
                      Mick.
                      (if you have access to a metal lathe ,there's nothing stopping you!)

Comment

I will need an adapter no matter what, but that's the case regardless of what wand I get as most seem to have 3/8BSP fittings. And yes a mate of mine has a metal lathe ;-P.

Comment

Working...
                        X