X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!PRESUMED SOLD!!! - EOI: Aurora 2 Group Lever Machine [Melbourne]

Hi there,

I've come across this machine which I am considering doing a complete restoration on. Although I'm more excited about doing the restoration rather than actually putting it into use once it's complete. I wanted to see if this machine is of any worth to any members here before I get stuck into it. I just don't have the bench space anywhere for it unfortunately, I could possible take it into work and have it as the lunch room machine but that's all for another day's worth of discussions.
    It currently has all required parts and nothing is missing which is a huge bonus.

If someone would like to purchase this machine as is (pre restoration) I'm thinking of selling it for around $800-$1000 or taking any higher offers, nothing below this price.

Once I do a complete resto on this I will be assuming the price would be significantly higher than that.

Please get in contact with me ASAP as this machine can't linger for too long. I will also consider palletising it and sorting out interstate courier options for a potential buyer as it is currently at my work and I have all the facilities to get this thing safely to the other side of Australia.

Thanks,
    Brendon

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5490.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	756834

Name:	IMG_5491.JPG
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	756835

What are the parts need immediate replacement or to get it working properly ?

Comment

I've had a quick glance over the machine, one group head is seized and the other is moving. I would guess that the seized one has a broken seal and it's jammed internally. I've been led to believe that it was sitting for a year or so but was used domestically prior to that. It will need to be descaled as I can hear some scale floating around inside the boiler.

I would suggest you just stripped the entire machine and rebuild it, replace all the seals and have it brand new again. That is my intention with it, I will be stripping both group head cylinders and putting new springs and new seals. Remove the boiler descale and replace the boiler gasket. It did trip the power switch once for some reason which leaves me to think the element may need some attention. All parts are available thru Coffee Parts so it should be a relatively simple resto.

Comment

[QUOTE=brendogs;545138]Hi there,

I've come across this machine which I am considering doing a complete restoration on. Although I'm more excited about doing the restoration rather than actually putting it into use once it's complete....

......Once I do a complete resto on this I will be assuming the price would be significantly higher than that.

Thanks,
        Brendon [QUOTE]

Should come up well, but realistically that is an observation that can only be tested once the resto is done, you find a buyer, and you both come to a mutually acceptable price. I think its easier to sell them pre resto....

Out of interest, are you able to let us have a closer (readable) look at the name plate?

Good luck with it.

Comment

The name plate only shows information from the importer. At the time it was distributed by Coffex coffee. I'll try find any extra markings and take a quick snap. If anyone wants any extra photo's let me know and I can get them sorted.

In regards to sale price post rest, I understand it will only find a home if someone really wants it at the desired price. This is why I created this thread as an EOI because from previous purchases I've made pre-resto machines have more demand.

Comment

Sorry i did read this quickly but where are you located ?

Comment

My wife would probably kill me but how much would it cost to ship to Perth?

Comment

I just had a look with e-go and I'm not quite sure if I filled it out correctly for a pallet but I got a quote of $90 and you pickup in Welshpool depot.

I'm located in Tullamarine, Melbourne.

Comment

Here's the photo of the name plate

Name:	IMG_5492.JPG
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	738118

Comment

Can i get the machine dimensions please.

Comment

D: 50cm
                      L: 68cm
                      H: 44cm (add 26cm for levers)

Comment

Working...
                      X