Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!PRESUMED SOLD!!! - Bezzera Domus Galatea Espresso Machine (E61)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!PRESUMED SOLD!!! - Bezzera Domus Galatea Espresso Machine (E61)

Hi everyone,

This machine is very sadly for sale because with a new baby I need to clear the credit card down a bit (a lot). It was originally bought from Di Bartoli and has been serviced there and at Espresso Connect in Marrickville, and run on filtered water since purchase. I am pretty obsessive about maintaining my coffee gear and the machine has probably averaged a cup or two a day.

Sean Alcorn of ACE (Alcorn Cafe Engineering) has upgraded the machine's heating circuit to use a solid state relay (SSR) instead of the traditional physical contacts, improving reliability (partly because the switching current drops from 10A to a few hundred mA) and reducing machine noise, however the machine is otherwise stock.

This machine uses a vibe pump and tank, but can be upgraded to use a rotary pump and be plumbed from the mains for a fairly reasonable cost. It has one of the heaviest (and thus most thermostable) groups of any E61 machine - there's a pile of brass hidden under that stainless steel. Casework is also of excellent quality - it makes machines like the Expobar Minore look very cheaply made in comparison.

Machine Overview:

The Bezzera Domus Galatea is an E61 heat exchanger lever machine with a big boiler, great thermostability and attractive retro styling. Latte and cappuccino drinkers will love its rapid steaming capacity. The Domus offers superior Italian build quality and has an easy fill water reservoir and well sized drip tray. Ball-jointed steam arm and hot water spout, elegant taps and cup rail, and a superior level of component and finish round out this beautiful and easy to live with machine.

Features:

Retro Italian Styling with an E61 group head and thermosyphon loop (traditional 'mushroom' style)
    Steams, brews and generates hot water simultaneously
    Premium craftsmanship and casing quality
    Large 2 litre boiler and powerful 1400W element to steam multiple jugs back to back
    Fully flexible, ball-joint steam arm & hot water wand
    Automatic low water cut out and automatic boiler refilling
    Large cup warmer
    Large 4 L tank
    Dimension: 360mm (W) x 455mm (D) x 450mm (H)
    Weight: 22.7kg
    Accessories: single & double handles, single & double filter baskets - plastic tamper - coffee measuring spoon - blind filter- user instructions

Price:

I'm asking $1900 for this machine - RRP is $2,850. Happy to provide training as well as 1kg of freshly roasted beans (or 2x500g over a fortnight or so) if you live close enough. The machine is currently located in Sydney's Inner West and can be inspected and used prior to purchase - bring your own beans. I'm happy to throw in a VST precision made filter basket of the right grammage if this helps - they really can improve the shot but are seriously unforgiving of technique.

Photos to follow
Working...
X