X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!PRESUMED SOLD!!! - For sale Jura Impressa S9 Auto coffee machine

Hi Coffee Snobers,

I have a Jura Impressa S9 Auto Coffee machine for sale it is in excellent condition and perfect working order.
    It is a Swiss made S9 Super Auto One touch Home/Office Espresso machine.
    I have maintained it regularly with Jura cleaning and decalcifying products.
    It has always run with Claris water filters to reduce/eliminate calcium buildup.

It is 3 years old but used only for 18 months as we were overseas for that period and it was in storage.
    It is time for an upgrade for me so the next owner will be getting a bargain.
    I purchased my Jura from Harvey Norman for $2400.00 it has done little work and will be a good purchase for someone looking for a reliable unit.

Looking for $500.00 hope someone is interested
    Attached Files

Good luck with that........ ;-D

Comment

Originally posted by chokkidog View Post
      Good luck with that........ ;-D
      Are they that bad???

Comment

Its just that people on here have generally already moved on from automatic machines so you might find it hard to sell it here (don't take offense to chokkidog, that's just his coffee snobbery coming out)

Comment

I was hoping to upgrade to a Expobar Minore 4 or better yet (from what I have read on the forums here) an Alex Duetto 3.
          I guess the latter is obviously the better machine due to a rotary pump as against a vibrating pump, finish etc, my concerns apart from the extra $1000 is that there seems to be
          very small space between the grouphead and the drain tray.
          I have read a few suggestions on this ie, drink more smaller cups, tilt the mug to get it under the steam wand, (don't know how you would then remove it successfully)
          As you are regularly posting usefull information on the forums, to which I appreciate for they have guided my choices somewhat, would you know the exact clearance height from the grouphead spout to the top of the resevoir tray?

Cheers Bob

Comment

Thanks nescafeGOLD, no offense taken at all, I get that

Cheers Bob

Comment

Not sure whether the Alex II is the same as the III, nor do I have my double spout p/f in the drawer at the moment. (out on loan)

I use a naked p/f exclusively and there is 110mm clearance to the bottom rim of the p/f. There is 107mm clearance to the base of the

triple basket in it.

Go naked. ;-D

Comment

Originally posted by bayado View Post
                I was hoping to upgrade to a Expobar Minore 4 or better yet (from what I have read on the forums here) an Alex Duetto 3.
                I guess the latter is obviously the better machine due to a rotary pump as against a vibrating pump, finish etc, my concerns apart from the extra $1000 is that there seems to be
                very small space between the grouphead and the drain tray.
                I have read a few suggestions on this ie, drink more smaller cups, tilt the mug to get it under the steam wand, (don't know how you would then remove it successfully)
                As you are regularly posting usefull information on the forums, to which I appreciate for they have guided my choices somewhat, would you know the exact clearance height from the grouphead spout to the top of the resevoir tray?

Cheers Bob
                Hi Bob,

I think it's time I moved a CS New Year's resolution that mugs are best for....erm...soup?

Far better to have 2 great cups than one big, very milky vat of weak coffee. The Duetto is an Italian's machine and Italians use cups of up to 160 (ish) ml for milky coffees. Glasses are pretty much kept for water and wine.

A further 10mm is easily accessed by removing a couple of rungs from the drip tray insert. Will it then fit a 16-20oz milkshake cup? Nope- but then the Duetto is not a milkshake machine

Ultimately though, it's best to examine each machine in the metal and then come to your own decision rather than relying on a computer screen and the opinions of others as after all, you are purchasing for yourself.

Happy New Year!

Chris

Comment

and FWIW, it might increase the chances of a sale if you advertise your location. Good luck, Bayado and HNY.

Comment

Originally posted by nescafeGOLD View Post
                    Its just that people on here have generally already moved on from automatic machines so you might find it hard to sell it here...
                    My personal view is we need to be careful with this type of discussion in a For Sale thread where someone is genuinely trying to sell something, not to mention the Jura S9 is an excellent machine in its class (automatic espresso machines).

And of course in comparison to the number of registered "members" here plus the number of non member people that breeze through and read but dont post anything, we actually dont know that that is actually true. All we know is that a generally small number of *active* participants in this forum advertise out to the rest of the readership, that they have moved on from automatics.

As has been said many times in this forum, automatic espresso is a different form of espresso......so is "stove pot" espresso to name just one other type. Neither will give you the same cup of coffee from the same beans....and they dont need to.

Additionally there are people that would be better served going to an automatic, depending on the type of use the machine will get and the type of "crowd" it will be catering to.....horses for courses.

After that of course, there are good examples of automatic machines, and there are some pretty crap ones.

It so happens the Jura S9 is genuinely one of the very good ones in its class, and it would be unfair for this type of discussion to upset the sale for the owner by scaring off someone that would otherwise be interested or who it would suit, and the price is already well adjusted to take in consideration that after sitting for some time, it may need some kind of service.

My view would be.....if for whatever reason someone thinks automatic machines are passe that is all well and good, but lets not wreck the sale for a genuine advertiser.

For someone that is looking for a solid auto, this could be the one

Hope that helps, and good luck with the sale.

Comment

The first post-instant coffee machine I owned was a Jura.

Did the job of starting me off on my post - instant journey. Even made my bank manager embarrassed that she declined a coffee, thinking I would serve her instant.

Her less snooty side kick accepted the offer, smacked his lips at the passable coffee and made his boss jealous as well!

I agree with TOK. Good luck with the sale.

Comment

bayado

Thanks you guys, chokkidog,nescafeGOLD, Barry O'Speedwagon & Chris,
                        I really appreciate this feed back. If the Duetto 3 has 107-110 clearance from a naked P/F to the top of the resevoir tray as mentioned by chokkidog it would suit my needs.
                        I 'm not after a milshake size latte for the reasons Chris mentioned, but I do enjoy a large up to 80mm mug size.
                        Just like to thank everyone for their input and expertise.

Cheers and a happy new year to all at CS.

Comment

Originally posted by TOK View Post
                          My personal view is we need to be careful with this type of discussion in a For Sale thread where someone is genuinely trying to sell something, not to mention the Jura S9 is an excellent machine in its class (automatic espresso machines).

I have simply made a statement that generally members have moved on from automatic machines (the forum activity would indicate that), i have not commented on their ability to produce espresso or anything else for that matter. (and my intention certainly was not to diminish the likelihood of a sale, rather, to try and explain why he has received the reply from chokkidog).

GLWTS bayado, i think you have made a very attractive offer with your pricing for someone who is looking to get into the 'real' coffee experience.

Comment

We have a Jura at work and it does a really good job,

Comment

Originally posted by bayado View Post
                              Hi Coffee Snobers,

I have a Jura Impressa S9 Auto Coffee machine for sale it is in excellent condition and perfect working order.
                              It is a Swiss made S9 Super Auto One touch Home/Office Espresso machine.
                              I have maintained it regularly with Jura cleaning and decalcifying products.
                              It has always run with Claris water filters to reduce/eliminate calcium buildup.

It is 3 years old but used only for 18 months as we were overseas for that period and it was in storage.
                              It is time for an upgrade for me so the next owner will be getting a bargain.
                              I purchased my Jura from Harvey Norman for $2400.00 it has done little work and will be a good purchase for someone looking for a reliable unit.

Looking for $500.00 hope someone is interested
                              Did you end up selling this?

Where are you located?

cheers,
                              tony

Comment

Working...
                              X