This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - 110V Mazzer Major

Mazzer Major. This came back with us from the US with me a couple of years ago, so it is a 110-120V machine.

I have been running this through a 100W 240-120V step down transformer and it works fine.

Will throw a transformer in for whoever purchases.

Large hopper. Matt black (was a custom paint job years ago, now looks like an ageing darth vader).

Not being used so time to move it along. Make me an offer!

Located in Melbourne.
    Attached Files

Per site posting policy you'll need to include an asking price.

Java "♫How much is that grinder in the window...♫" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Make me an offer over $250

Comment

Is this still on the market? I'm pretty interested, I'll PM you.

Comment

I'm bumping this because it's still available and I want it gooooone.

Comment

PM sent to you

Comment

good price

Comment

Just so's you know....

A 110/120V 60Hz AC motor running via a transformer in Oz on a 50Hz supply, requires a 90-95V secondary voltage, not the original nameplate voltage of 110/120V. This is due to a line frequency affect known as inductive reactance. While a 110/120V secondary may not make a huge difference in a home setting where the grinder is only being used for short stints, if more intensive use is being contemplated, then a transformer as described above should ideally be sourced, to ensure longevity in service...

Mal.

Comment

Thanks Mal
                  Is there another option to step down the voltage preferably something that can be fitted inside the grinder?

Comment

It really depends on what your plans are, for its use....

If just for home, like I mentioned, then a properly rated 240/110V transformer would be Ok. It's more of a concern if you plan to use it for extended sessions...

Mal.

Comment

I used it at home on a step-down transformer without any problems, so I can verify that it works fine in that environment. Obviously only home use, so running a handful of times a day.

I'll defer to Mal's expertise regarding more intensive use, that may well be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by giffsa View Post
                        I used it at home on a step-down transformer without any problems, so I can verify that it works fine in that environment. Obviously only home use, so running a handful of times a day.

I'll defer to Mal's expertise regarding more intensive use, that may well be correct.
                        I'd like it if available. PM sent.

Comment

Sorry, this is sold, but not sure how to move it off this forum.

Comment

Working...
                          X