This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: Gaggia Classic and Breville BCG450 Conical Burr - QLD

Hey guys, my little set-up doesn't require any introduction. Brilliant beginners set-up that can get anyone smashing out some cracking shots.

As synonymous with beginner espresso as the Silvia, my Gaggia Classic has treated me well, but with my wife wanting milky drinks and I too like a few lattes, we've bitten the upgrade-bullet and have a 2 day old Breville Dual Boiler on my bench now.

As per the pics, the body is in great condition, I've done the Rancillio steamwand mod, have replaced the group-head seal when I bought it (about 8 months ago and replaced the seal and wand the week I got it). I've always back-flushed with a cleaner and it was descaled about 6 months ago - however as I have limited space and dabble in other brew methods, I think I've only put through about 40 or 50 espressos since I descaled it, and that's being generous! I also replaced the steam thermostat because I thought it needed it - just due to the stress of doing what it does. Steam now seems a little stronger, but that's probably just me!

Comes with all in pics.
    • Shim (I got this the same time as the seal but didn't need it).
    • Standard twin-spout portafilter
    • DIY Naked portafilter (Good DIY if I don't say so myself...)
    • Two single baskets
    • Double basket
    • Spare double spout (was from the-now-naked portafilter)
    • Right-angle power lead (Just fits nicer)

Asking $190 pick-up for the Gaggia and it's little extras.

Breville BCG450: This is actually my old pour over grinder. Great little conical burr and takes up quite a small amount of room! Steel burrs, nice little catch tray (pretty much zero stray grinds), easy to clean and portable. The timer feature I thought at first was rubbish but I've actually found in use - it's quite handy! Set it a little bit past the time it takes to grind your dose and it a bean pop-corns, it'll nab it too! Handy!

Decent condition, the rubber coating on the power button and time-dial were starting to get sticky so I went at it with some isopropyl and took as much of it off as I could, they're now no longer sticky!

Asking $65 Pick-up.

The gear can be collected from Burpengary (North Brisbane) on the weekends or from Chermside during work days and 9-5 (I can bring it to work with me). Prefer not to post, but will if you pay for a courier. Something like Temando can do some stupidly-cheap rates.

PM for mob number if you want to call/text.
    Attached Files

Here's the pics of the grinder (Only 5 per post )Click image for larger version

Name:	Grinder1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	738420Click image for larger version

Name:	Grinder2.JPG
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	738421Click image for larger version

Name:	Grinder3.JPG
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	738422Click image for larger version

Name:	Grinder4.JPG
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	738423

Comment

This Gaggia has sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Nickgb View Post
        Prefer not to post, but will if you pay for a courier. Something like Temando can do some stupidly-cheap rates.

PM for mob number if you want to call/text.
        Hi Nick, bit slow off the mark in terms of the Gaggia and its accoutrements but I'm sure it's gone to a good home! We live in Tas so thought the freight costs might be prohibitive (got fleeced with an earlier transaction using Pack and Send from Perth) but having looked at Temando's website I'm very impressed with their rates/charges. I've registered with them for future transactions so at least I'm prepared next time, have you used them personally?

Comment

Originally posted by Porkchop View Post
          Hi Nick, bit slow off the mark in terms of the Gaggia and its accoutrements but I'm sure it's gone to a good home! We live in Tas so thought the freight costs might be prohibitive (got fleeced with an earlier transaction using Pack and Send from Perth) but having looked at Temando's website I'm very impressed with their rates/charges. I've registered with them for future transactions so at least I'm prepared next time, have you used them personally?

Hi Pork chop. Yes I have. We also use them at my work for various things from PC's to furniture. At the end of the day, Temando are just the same as hotels combined, Mortgage Choice etc... But for couriers!

Another option is fast way, we've found them to have good service and decent prices.

Pack and send are a premium service so I'm, sadly, not surprised you got a bad price!

Comment

We got burnt! Arranged for freight of a Gaggia Baby from WA and did an online quote which worked out to be $46 to Tas which was very acceptable. The seller obviously being somewhat naive regarding theses issues simply took the machine to Pack and Send and let them provide the box and bubble wrap, end result $90! Not exactly what we were hoping for but there you go...Will certainly look into Temando for future purchases as freighting stuff backwards and forwards across Bass Strait is frequently to costly to bother with.

Comment

Can't seem to edit my first post.. Can the mods mark this as sold please?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X