Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!! ECM Giotto Machine ($900) and Rocky Doserless Grinder ($260) Melbourne

Looking to sell these two - separately is fine. Not everyone needs a package! I recently purchased the Vibiemme and Rocky combo from another coffee snob - hence I need to sell these two:

ECM Giotto $900: Does not come with cups pictured.

The coffee machine I bought 2 years ago second hand having been refurbished at that time. Since been descaled and backflushed weekly. Has been coping with 2 coffees a day with no issues. We don't steam milk regularly.
    Runs off Australian plug and has inside water tank. Comes with both single and double spout portafilters as pictured.

Rocky Doserless model $260:
    2 years old. Comes with manual. Was part of the package along with the Vibiemme but I don't need it as I have a Fiorenzato grinder I'm happy with. In great condition!

Offering packaging and shipping on both items - obviously the coffee machine will cost quite a bit given its size and weight.
    Cash on pick up is also fine from Wheelers Hill VIC 3150.
    Attached Files

Looking good, PM sent!

Comment

Hi mate
      That Rocky still for sale?
      [emoji12]

Comment

Hi where did you get the steam tip?? I have the same machine but looking for a decent single hole steam tip

Comment

Both machines are still available - please note the prices are $900 and $260 firm. Happy to sell separately.

Ryan - I've messaged you - single tips are great!

Comment

PM sent [emoji106]

Comment

i'm so surprised this has lasted 6days, I'd buy it in a heartbeat

Comment

PM sent...

Comment

Interested - any idea on postage to 4680?

Comment

PM sent...

Comment

Still available. $1100 if purchasing both.

Not offering shipping internationally!

Comment

That's is the deal of the century. A Giotto for $900 !! Wow

Comment

I wonder how many people went out in the last 3 weeks since this was posted to buy a Silvia or some other small entry combo setup rather than this beautiful HX paired with a decent entry level grinder. This is truly an incredible deal and I cannot understand how it is possible this is still for sale.

Comment

I've recently been researching upgrade options from a 7 year old Gaggia Baby. Have been leaning towards a new Giotto v3, but then I came across this thread and am very tempted by the price. Is it still available? Can anyone tell me how this older machine would differ from the current model?

Comment

Originally posted by dmo View Post
                              I've recently been researching upgrade options from a 7 year old Gaggia Baby. Have been leaning towards a new Giotto v3, but then I came across this thread and am very tempted by the price. Is it still available? Can anyone tell me how this older machine would differ from the current model?
                              Hi DMO, the v3 has a PID/Solid state relay combo as opposed to just a pressurestat/SSR combo. This allows you to regulate boiler temperature more 'efficiently' (<- I say this because it is a HX not a dual boiler therefore you won't get pin point accurate changes in brew temperature, but you would enjoy an improved level of control over that variable). The V3 also comes with a few changes to the boiler materials and the boiler is now insulated for increased thermal and energy efficiency (your element won't be switching on as much so you would enjoy power savings to some degree)

Despite what your personal preferences, experience and actual needs are, BOTH will make the same quality of espresso with practice and proper control of variables. At this price this combo is incredible (although I don't like the Rocky much personally). What you need to factor in is the age of the actual machine model and the actual state it is in. The seller believes it to be in great shape. This could save you a considerable amount of money even if you did have to fork out for some minor repair in the near future it would still be much cheaper than a V3 (one third of the price if you purchase this machine with no Rocky). I suggest you give it a good think. You are also lucky enough to be in the same city as the seller so an inspection would be a great idea if you need convincing.

Cheers, Al

Comment

Working...
                              X