This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: Diadema Perfetta Single Boiler e61

For sale is a Diadema Perfetta single boiler in excellent condition.

The machine specifications can be found here: Perfetta | BFC

The reason for the sale is that I am drinking mainly milk-based coffees and I have upgraded to a dual boiler.

The Diadema was purchased earlier in the year from a fellow CS'er on this forum.

It was serviced in April 2015 by Chris at Talk Coffee with replacement of the grouphead seal. It did not need descaling or any work other than a routine service.

I have only used filtered water, with a daily water backflush and fortnightly chemical backflush.

The Diadema is a single boiler and is best suited for someone drinking espresso or black coffee looking to upgrade to the e61 group.

The Diadema will do 1-2 milk based drinks before needing to start over, cool the machine down and refill the bolier.

I am looking for $770 for the Diadema including a double portafilter with double, single and blind filter baskets.

I am located in Melbourne and prefer local pickup, but will consider delivery at the buyer's expense.

Thank you for looking.

Sam.
    Attached Files

Good luck with sale Sam,

These are in my opinion, the best e-61 single boiler on the market and are deadly shot machines. The bonus is that if an element goes pop, no need to remove the boiler to replace it as the Perfetta has an inspection plate built into the chassis.

This is a no-brainer for someone contemplating a new Silvia or similar.

Chris
    Last edited by TC; 26 July 2015, 04:48 PM. Reason: tpyo ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
      Good luck with sale Sam,

These are in my opinion, the best e-61 single boiler on the market and are deadly shot machines. The bonus is that if an element goes pop, not need to remove the boiler to replace it as the Perfetta has an inspection plate built into the chassis.

This is a no-brainer for someone contemplating a new Silvia or similar.

Chris
      Thanks, Chris.

I'll be sorry to see it go. I like the simplicity of this machine. I've learned a lot about espresso in the time that I've had it. It's all part of the coffee journey.

Comment

This morning's latte

Here is this morning's coffee. My latte art, alas, is still a works-in-progress!
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks OK to me

Comment

hi,

any idea how old is the machine? i'm trying to convince my brother to upgrade to this machine from a gaggia classic that i gave him. i got a diadema junior olus and can attest that they're really solid machines.

cheers

albert

Comment

Hi Albert,

I did some research and the Perfetta first appeared on the Australian market in 2008 with a number changing hands here on this forum between 2008-10. I think it is between 5 and 7 years old. Since 2010, the Perfetta has seldom appeared for sale on this site. I think users are hanging onto them as the Perfetta is an excellent shot machine.

I am only selling as I had a good opportunity to upgrade to a dual boiler. Just another step on the slippery path to a Speedster, Slayer, GS3 or Controvento.

Cheers,

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by albertg View Post
                ...any idea how old is the machine? i'm trying to convince my brother to upgrade to this machine from a gaggia classic that i gave him. i got a diadema junior olus and can attest that they're really solid machines...
                The date of manufacture is on the silver sticker which from memory, should be at the lower RHS of the working side of the machine...that is, immediately under the group actuating lever....together with the other sticker that warns you the machine is HOT.

If its not there, it could have been relocated to under the drip tray (either the top side or the bottom side of the chassis).

Failing that, Sam's observations of the approximate dates are quite good except that there was atleast one later shipment.

Hope that helps.

Comment

allright much thanks for the info Sam and TOK. yea i love my diadema, never seem to fail or have trouble. bought it 2nd hand and it's been running well for a few years now.

Comment

Are these machines good for an every day unit - say a couple of lattes and then just shots?

Or are you better off with a different unit?

Just asking as we are really a quick latte before shooting off to work each morning, The aesthetics suit - not sure the ease of use would

Any thoughts?

Comment

Great shots? Absolutely, provided it has had enough warm up time (ie turn on before breakfast, with a timer if necessary). This applies to all machines.
                      Quick latte? Steaming is fast! But you do need to wait between pulling shots and steaming - though for not much more time than it takes to get the milk out of the fridge and pour into the jug! Really only a major drawback if youre making 5+ cups at any one time.

Comment

How long is the warm up time before I can use it?

Comment

My e61 machine is a Giotto Premium which I leave warm up for ~30 minutes before use. That's pretty typical for machines of this type.

Comment

Its thermal mass is a bit bigger than a Silvia so just a bit longer than that for a Silvia... 20-25 minutes absolute minimum (unless you cheat and run water thru a few times to speed things up a bit)

Comment

Brilliant info - cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X