This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!PRESUMED SOLD!!! - Trade - E61 for double boiler. Reluctantly

After a short time with our E61 my wife and daughter have won the argument and we are looking to move back to a double boiler - or a HX

Got a Diaidema from Sam on here, it is immaculate, so well kept and serviced. It is an awesome unit but just not right for our lifestyle and my Wife and daughters ease of use.

If you have a double boiler ( or a HX) and want to move to a quality E61 send me a message and lets see if we can make a deal,

Cheers

Gaz
    Last edited by Giddyupgaz; 16 September 2015, 03:00 PM.

Apart from the need to probably post a relative $$$ value for the exchange you're going to get asked about 'the argument'...

Looks like I got in first. What was 'the argument'?

When you say 'double boiler' what do you mean? ( Given the context of your proposition)

No way would I trade a DB Alex, Rocket R58 V2 or VBM Super 2B for a Diadema anything.

Comment

Originally posted by chokkidog View Post
      No way would I trade a DB Alex, Rocket R58 V2 or VBM Super 2B for a Diadema anything.
      Seems a harsh statement Chokki'...

Mal.

Comment

.....No way would I trade a DB Alex, Rocket R58 V2 or VBM Super 2B for a Diadema anything.
        ...but what if the DB is a Breville ?

Comment

The OP is a bit vague.. Which DB does he want? Which Diadema does he have? What is it's age?

I was guessing a Breville............

Comment

The OP is a bit vague.. Which DB does he want? Which Diadema does he have? What is it's age?

I was guessing a Breville............
            We can deduce from the OP's post that he doesn't want an E61 double boiler given that his wife and daughter find the E61 difficult to use (why, is anybody's guess, but let's not discourage said swap if the OP has his heart set on discarding that pesky E61), hence he must be looking for a Breville or similar.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion.

It's a Diadema Perfetta, I would say 4 years old, but will check that. Last serviced Feb this year.

The "argument" was that the warm up time,the process was it suitable to the girls turn on the machine,makes coffee, runs out the door type of morning ritual.On the weekends it has been brilliant. Great shots, toms of steam power,just not what suits you daughters need for extra sleep and my wife's morning plans.

The issue is the Diadema sits unused all week (I'm generally away during the week) only being used on the weekends. With the girls buying coffees instead of going through the ritual each morning. Both can use it but prefer not to when I a rush.

For the good of world peace we have decided to trade out of this piece of "Man art" as it has been dubbed for something easier to use.

If it's a breville so be it, if we need to pay more for a trade up we will do so. Otherwise we will put it up for sale and buy something.

It's a sad day for coffee I our house, but you know the saying - happy wife ......

Comment

Sorry, one more thing.
                I'm based in Melbourne, would prefer no postage involved if possible

Comment

Why not put it on a wemo switch or similar?

That would get rid of the warm up time issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Giddyupgaz View Post
                    Sorry for the confusion.

It's a Diadema Perfetta, I would say 4 years old, but will check that. Last serviced Feb this year.

The "argument" was that the warm up time,the process was it suitable to the girls turn on the machine,makes coffee, runs out the door type of morning ritual.On the weekends it has been brilliant. Great shots, toms of steam power,just not what suits you daughters need for extra sleep and my wife's morning plans.

The issue is the Diadema sits unused all week (I'm generally away during the week) only being used on the weekends. With the girls buying coffees instead of going through the ritual each morning. Both can use it but prefer not to when I a rush.

For the good of world peace we have decided to trade out of this piece of "Man art" as it has been dubbed for something easier to use.

If it's a breville so be it, if we need to pay more for a trade up we will do so. Otherwise we will put it up for sale and buy something.

It's a sad day for coffee I our house, but you know the saying - happy wife ......

I, like many others, have a timer which turns the machine on half an hour before normal wake up time. It is a 5 minute ritual to make a coffee.

Comment

Yes we discussed this as well.
                      Sadly as we are in an apartment we have slack of power points available on the kitchen bench, so the chord is not able to be left plugged in as it drapes across the induction top cooker to reach the power outlet.

It's one of a multitude of reasons this awesome machine is just not for us at this stage of our lives. We have tried to,make it work but just not getting the use out of it

Comment

Originally posted by Giddyupgaz View Post
                        Yes we discussed this as well.
                        Sadly as we are in an apartment we have slack of power points available on the kitchen bench, so the chord is not able to be left plugged in as it drapes across the induction top cooker to reach the power outlet.

It's one of a multitude of reasons this awesome machine is just not for us at this stage of our lives. We have tried to,make it work but just not getting the use out of it

Personally I would rather pay a sparky $150 for a new power point than downgrade to a Breville, but that's just me. Even if you do get a Breville surely it needs to be pre- heated also?

Comment

Agree with both points.

Point1 can't be done, not without a lot of disruption

Point 2 yes it will, but as it's dual boiler we are looking at it will help with ease of use early morning.

My loss will be coffee house gain I think, butte girls will get more use so that's what way the vote will go

Comment

The breville dual boiler has a function to turn on at a certain time. So would be an easy option. But a sad down grade in looks and build quality.

Comment

Can't help but agree again

Hopefully someone who has a 920 (or something else) want to grow on their coffee journey and we can do a deal

I know what I'm doing is reprehensible to you all, but it's not just me who needs to be happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X