X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: [ACT] 2012 Quickmille Achille lever plus goodies

Upgraditis part II:

I bought this beauty in November 2012. It is a great machine, has served me well, but the missus thinks it's ugly, a kitchen renovation is coming, and so I have decided to part ways with my Achille on the never ending journey that is upgraditis.

You can read a great thread about the Achille here, which includes posts from me about the mods that SuperPhil from Talk Coffee carried out shortly after I bought it, and living with it:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...6-achille.html

The mods were carried out late 2012, and the machine has worked day in day out ever since. The group is easy to keep clean - four allen bolts come out and then you lift the spring out making for easy cleaning and re-lubing of seals. I've cleaned the group every 6 months or so. A quick flush after every shot helps keep it clean!

After each shot I flush a little water through the group to wash off the grinds and this also prevents any thermosiphon stall issues (see thread link above). It makes two shots each morning plus a few more on the weekends, so it hasn't ever really been heavily used.

I'm in Canberra - but don't have the original packaging (it came in a box on a small pallet) and the plan is that if the machine doesn't sell locally then I will be taking to Chris at Talk Coffee in Melbourne where he will be able to properly crate it and have it couriered to its new owner. I will probably get SuperPhil or Rick the Coffee Machinist to give it a good going over - and a future owner might like to talk with them about any potential mods...although it makes great coffee without them.

I've been running the machine off its internal tank but it can also be plumbed in - it came with a stainless steel braided hose. SuperPhil noted that this should be attached with care so that the nut inside the machine isn't loosened.

Quirks? As documented in the thread above, the rotary pump is noisy. Because I run it off its internal tank the solenoid switch is also noisy.

I have it set up on a timer switch. It comes on at night to recharge the boiler (this means the boiler is full in the morning and the pump doesn't come on), then is set to come on each morning about an hour before I need it so that the group is nicely warmed up.

The goodies will include a couple of tampers and a bottomless portafilter plus plenty of single and double baskets, and some little silicon mats to put on the warming tray.

Piccies below.

The apparently out of focus shot is actually focussed on a light scratch on the left hand side caused by the handle of my HG-One one morning.

All this will cost you $2200. Retail new they're over $4k so you're getting a bargain. Read the thread above for more info - Paolo, another lever fanatic like myself, still rates his as one of his best machines.

Cheers

James/Sniff
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SniffCoffee; 3 October 2015, 07:33 PM. Reason: Typo

WOW, wow, wow....

This is an absolute bargain for anyone wanting to contemplate a real lever and a modest budget with Phil or Rick will turn it into coffee nirvana.

It's a no brainer!

Comment

But that's not all....!

Here's a piccie of the goodies, which include:

Bottomless portafilter (also original single and double pfs shown)

Two silicon mats which fit nicely on the cup warming tray (purchased from Talk Coffee)

One 58mm tamper from Jetblack Espresso

One 'Eazytamp' tamper (58mm) purchased from Greg Pullman (including wood knurl stand) - the Eazytamp is similar to an Espro Click tamper

FIVE steam tips (including original, an Alex Duetto steam tip (on the machine as I like it best), plus a set of three Alex tips in box - all purchased from Talk Coffee)

Plus for the masochists out there a VST 7gm single basket.

If it's not sold by 12 October it will be going to Melbourne, freight from there will be at the buyer's expense.

Cheers

James/Sniff
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SniffCoffee; 3 October 2015, 11:01 AM. Reason: listing goodies

Comment

Mate i would take it in a second, but I fear the shipping to WA would be as much as the machine! Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by nathanharley View Post
          Mate i would take it in a second, but I fear the shipping to WA would be as much as the machine! Best of luck!
          I just had ~100 kg of roaster couriered down from CRA (Qld) to Sydney and it cost less than $200.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanharley View Post
            Will be approx. $150 from us to Perth including the crate I'd want it to travel in.

Comment

Gees Sniff....another bargain for someone!

I wouldn't sell mine for $2200...actually I wouldn't sell mine at all....LOVE it!

Go on Chris...add it to your collection...after your recent Cremina purchase, you are on a ROLL!

Comment

PM sent. Too tempting.......

Comment

Reply sent Barry - come over tomorrow anytime - but morning better - my mobile number is in the PM

Comment

Ugly? What?!! No way, that thing is a beauty.

Comment

And SOLD! Thanks to Snobbers for the interest - happy to say the Achille will be staying in Canberra with another CoffeeSnobber.

James/Sniff

Comment

Working...
                      X