This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: Rancilio Silvia - $300

I can't see a version number anywhere, so I'm assuming it's V1? (Not sure where to look)
    I can't remember exactly when I got this machine, but I'm guessing about 10 years ago.
    So why is it looking so good?
    Because I only used it for a year or so and then put it into storage for about 5 years while we went caravanning around Australia. After we built our new house in Bridgetown WA 4 years ago and unpacked the machine again, we still spent 75% of our time on the east coast working. Only this year have we more or less settled down in our new home town. The machine only makes 2 flat whites each morning - that's all the coffee we drink.
    So it's had very little actual use for its years on the planet.
    Further, I've only ever run rain water through it, so when I de-scale every few months nothing much comes out in solution.
    Which probably explains why it's never missed a beat. I've never put it in for a service (never had to) and the only thing I've ever done to it is replace the group gasket which went hard with age. If there are any other rubber parts inside that may eventually need replacing, I wouldn't know, except to say it probably wouldn't be a costly thing to do. All I can say is that it is still making perfect cups of coffee each morning. Or it was, because sadly, I've just turned it off for the last time this morning and its pride of place on the kitchen bench has been taken by a brand new ECM HX machine. (Yep, I've fallen victim to the upgrade disease.)
    I still have the original box and user manual!
    I've priced it fairly low simply because of its age. (At least I think it's low?)
    Would probably cost about $100 to post to the eastern states, so I'm thinking pickup only from Bridgetown or arrange to meet in Perth, Bunbury, etc.
    Inspection here in Bridgetown welcome. Happy to include demo/lesson if you're new to the espresso game.
    Attached Files

I think this might be sold (via PM) - to be confirmed. But let me know if interested just in case.

Comment

This is still available.
      The "buyer" is in Sydney and thought he could have it picked up for him in Perth, but it turned out to be too hard. I have offered an alternative, but he hasn't got back to me yet.
      So until further notice, it's still first in, best dressed.

Comment

Beautiful looking machine, looks like before the crappy plastic chrome shrouding was introduced too, this has surely got to go quickly!

Comment

Confirming this is definitely back "on again" as the original interested party wasn't able to conveniently pick it up from Perth.

Plastic Chrome? Goodness, what is the world coming to!

Comment

Sold!!! Sold!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X