This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS - Ditting KR804

Hi a few years ago I bought a couple of these grinders and I'll be upfront it was bought from Gloria Jeans.

One is a 2004 which I currently use for cupping and the other is a 2008 which has been sitting packed away as the setting at "Turkish" is hardly fine enough for espresso. The one I'm selling is the 2008 grinder. Mechanically A1 just needs either new blades or calibration. I've been meaning to take a look at the blade but never got around to it...so I may as well sell it.

The grinder never had any flavoured coffee through it. Confirmed by the sign on the front "straight" as opposed to "flavoured". Also no stale grind smell. Everything works perfectly just not grinding fine enough at the fine end.

Asking $900 ONO. Pickup AdelaideClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	758211Click image for larger version

Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	758212Click image for larger version

Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	758213Click image for larger version

Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	758214Click image for larger version

Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	758215

More pics (not from the iphone).

Click image for larger version

Name:	straight.JPG
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	741333Click image for larger version

Name:	side.JPG
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	741334Click image for larger version

Name:	back.JPG
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	741335Click image for larger version

Name:	year.JPG
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	741336

Comment

So that there's no doubts about the grinder burrs itself I finally bothered to open it up. Here is the top burr and bottom burr. Surprisingly very clean. top burr looks almost brand new.

Click image for larger version

Name:	top burr.JPG
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	741338Click image for larger version

Name:	top burr 2.JPG
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	741339Click image for larger version

Name:	bottom burr.JPG
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	741340

Furthermore after putting grinder burrs back in and calibrating the knob in accordance with the Ditting website and user manual I am happy to say I can achieve Turkish grind at the Turkish setting. It was simple enough to calibrate.
      Last edited by saoye; 10 December 2015, 09:22 AM. Reason: Grinder now calibrated.

Comment

Price Drop to $800 before Christmas. I'm off overseas during the new year and will be back Mid January if not sold when I'm back it's going onto the usual place for sale. These are amazing machines rrp over $3500 New. Great for grinding up to 500g at a time, and for cupping. Very little grind retention even grinding a few grams (for cupping) at a time.

Comment

Hi
          When do you get back to SA?

Comment

Sorry to all others who have contacted me. SOLD to a good home in SA.

Comment

Working...
            X