Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!SOURCED!!! - WTB suitable tamper for La Pavoni 2a professional lever espresso makr

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOURCED!!! - WTB suitable tamper for La Pavoni 2a professional lever espresso makr

Dear Coffee lovers,
    We have recently given a La Pavoni 2a (professional) lever machine to our out of town son however,wonderfully happy with the lever although he's now concerned with his tamping technique (using the plastic scoop/tamp-not easy!).
    Christmas is just fast approaching and my good wife and I wish to purchase a fancy(used) tamper device ,must be perfect condition and accurately fit his machine's baskets.
    I have no idea what this might cost,within reason we would be prepared to (upon agreement) pay up to $100 (incl P & H) (don't want to over capitalise!).
    What do you think,am I dreaming or is this a possibility that there may be one out there looking for a new owner.
    Will need to post it to Richmond NSW before Christmas , if and when it's available.
    Hope someone can assist us with this big ask!
    Cheers,
    Mick.

Is it a pre-millenium or a millenium model? The pre-milleniums used a 49mm basket whereas the millenium's used a more standard 51mm basket like Breville and Sunbeam etc. use.

Coffee Parts sell 49mm and 51mm tampers but they're over budget at around $140 each.

49mm and 51mm tampers are readily available on ebay Australia and would easily be delivered by Christmas.
    I have used the 49mm rosewood handled tamper for my pre-millenium Europiccola and it fit the basket nicely. These are still available on ebay for around $40.

Comment

noidle22,
      As usual and everyone already else knows,you are a champion!
      I'll get onto the e site and see what develops,mind you ...if anyone has a spare pretty special tamper,we could still talk.
      Kind Regards,
      Mick,

Comment

I have a couple 2 x 49.5mm tamper | Talk Coffee

Comment

Talk_Coffee ,
          Thank you for your reply,noidle22 has made a good point,I need to now confirm which basket size 51 or 49.5.
          Now I have to contact my distant (located) son and confirm one way or another,thanks.
          Have to hold up everything until size is known.
          Cheers,
          Mick

Comment

Hello again,
            Just now received absolute confirmation that the required size is in fact 51mm,thank you to Talk_Coffee for your offer and noidle22 for the wake up call regarding sizing.

Just checking whether someone has upgraded to 58mm tamper and have a spare available for a poor La Pavoni (51mm) user (including postage to the potential new owner)?
            What do you think of my chances before Christmas (other then buying new)?
            Cheers,
            Mick.

Comment

Hello again,
              Well here I am with the quandary of no replies suitable so I've opted the the next best thing,refurbish the old 58mm to suit.
              Originally I made a stainless steel (316L) tamp for our son's earlier Gaggia "baby" ,being 58mm basket size.That lasted for some time and become obsolete when the Gaggia was retired.
              I've got a little 91/2" swing hercus metal lathe which I originally turned the 58mm tamp,why not re-machine back to 51mm?
              The result was not quite store bought quality however,I'm very happy with the result.
              So it's (re-machined tamp) back to the La Pavoni owner for another life in service assisting with great coffee making.
              Thanks for the helpful advice offered,sometimes the simplest is the best option.
              Cheers,
              Mick.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	741368Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	741367

Comment