X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS Arrarex Caravel Version 1.0

Version 1.0 Caravel, excellent condition 220V
    This is the first model of the Caravel branding after the original VAM.

New element installed and tested / used several times which is from Brooks vintage espresso machines in EU. Along with a set of their seals as spares. The seals currently in use and still in perfect working order are from Trukaffe, except the black group seal which was from OE / USA.

The original wiring for the power / thermostat / element has been replaced with hi temp silicone wiring and Australian cable / plug.
    This is a fully functioning piece of history and is to be used at the buyers own risk. It has been looked over by an ex sparky and thoroughly tested by myself but I can make no guarantees as to satisfying any electrical safety standards etc.

The thermostat works very well. The adjustment dial at the bottom offers fine adjustment of range in regards to cut out temp. Lowest setting = 88 to 90°C , mid setting 92 to 95°C and after that it pretty much goes to a rolling boil before shutting off. Once the boiler cools the thermostat can be reset / element ON by pressing the thermostat knob.

This has been my little pet for the last couple of years which I imported from Italy. I have had much joy using it and making it work better than when I got it. My hope is that it will go to someone who will care for it well if to be used or maybe someone might want to just display it.

Comes with the stock double basket which is good for around 12g of ground coffee. Everything is clean and lubricated.
    The only real blemish is some chipped paint where the boiler / group locks into the body, this can be seen in the dismantled picture. It has been touched up with some model enamel paint that was as close to a match as I could find. This will aslo be included.

Selling due to not having the inclination to use it anymore, particularly as I have moved away from the style of coffee / roast that is needed. Also its miniature size requires some fiddly / fine point dexterity, which when mastered can produce some amazing ristretto style shots.

The price is $700, UNlikely I will move from this. Currently one would be very lucky to import one in half as good condition for less than $700 and I am certainly not breaking even.

Obviously pick up would be good 2261. But its size and ability to be easily taken apart and reassembled means I could most probably bullet proof package it for posting as it was when it came from Italy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1809.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	758419Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1810.JPG
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	758420Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1811.JPG
Size:	492.4 KB
ID:	758421Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1813.JPG
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	758422Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1814.JPG
Size:	488.3 KB
ID:	758423
    Last edited by Steve82; 12 February 2016, 06:11 PM.

Some more pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151212_172812.jpg
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	741638Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151212_173615.jpg
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	741639Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1782.jpg
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	741640Click image for larger version

Name:	inside.JPG
Size:	890.0 KB
ID:	741641
    Last edited by Steve82; 12 February 2016, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Beautiful machine!

Comment

OK then, price drop $650. I will also include a black mini knock box - GRINDENSTEIN

Comment

Price drop $550

Comment

PM sent re purchase

Comment

Please mark as SOLD

Comment

Working...
              X