This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: (ACT) Profitec Pro 300 Dual Boiler

This is possibly the only one of these in Australia.

When looking for a compact dual boiler, I found this model on the Profitec site:

Profitec semi-automatic espresso machines:Espresso Filter Holder Machine Pro 300

I asked Charlie at Jetblack Espresso whether or not he would be importing them, and by chance he had one for evaluation purposes that was being used by his staff as their machine. When Jetblack moved at the end of 2014 I bought it off Charlie then.

As you can see from the specs the PID controls the brew boiler and has the added benefit of turning into a shot timer when the pump starts. This is a handy little feature.

It also comes with a naked PF and single and double PFs, with an espresso parts double basket. I got Charlie to replace the original steam wand with a Lelit Diana Dual boiler single tip, and he also cranked up the pressurestat to increase the pressure, but to be frank, the steaming pressure is a little weedy. I've still got the original steam wand as well, which is a bit stumpy, but I think it would be pretty easy to change back if you wanted.

It would ideally suit someone who likes short blacks, as you can switch off the steam boiler.

It hasn't had a lot of use. When we were renovating from Oct-Dec last year, it became our main daily machine but made on average 2 flat whites per day. The rest of the time I've owned it I've only used it as a travel machine, on a couple of trips to the coast, but that's about it.

Always fed filtered water, with backflushing daily and chemical backflushing monthly.

When Mr Postie returned it from Charlie after having the steam wand replaced he must have dropped it because the straight German frame was slightly wonky, but this was easily corrected by adjusting one of the front feet. It hasn't affected its performance but you will see from the photos that the top lids and side lines don't quite line up to Teutonic standards.

Whilst reasonably compact, it does weigh a ton. It heats up quickly and it's handy that you can switch off the steam boiler.

I'm asking $1800 including insured delivery to anywhere in Australia, but would prefer a local pickup given Mr Postie's prior abuse.

Cheers

James/Sniff
    Attached Files

Here's a link to a thread on homebarista which also has a couple of videos showing the 300 in operation. The WLL video also shows the internals. The AUS version has 1200W elements in both brew and steam boilers.

Note the quick heatup time and accuracy of the PID!

I've also notice the brew boiler overshoots after cold water comes into the boiler during a shot, but it stabilizes again within a couple of minutes

Profitec Pro 300 User Experience - Home-Barista.com

Also to entice you price is dropped to $1500 including insured postage to anywhere in Australia.

cheers

Sniff

Comment

Bump and price drop to $1250 pickup in Canberra or postage at buyer's expense.

Cheers

Sniff

Comment

Hi Sniff,
        About the steam power, would you rate it similar to something like the Silvia (similar boiler size I think), or below? It certainly has been very challenging to find info on this machine.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbc View Post
          Hi Sniff,
          About the steam power, would you rate it similar to something like the Silvia (similar boiler size I think), or below? It certainly has been very challenging to find info on this machine.
          I think it's probably on par with a Silvia (I've not owned one but have owned a single boiler Lelit). I reckon you could probably make the hole in the steam tip just a smidge bigger and you'd have an even stronger steamer.

The element for the boiler is strong enough to keep the pressure in the boiler throughout the milk steaming process - in fact, time it right and the pressure goes up while you're steaming! That's why I think you could consider making the steam tip hole a tiny bit bigger.

Cheers

Sniff

Comment

Can anyone who has used both comment on steam strength? i have owned a silvia and steam was an issue...for me anyway

Comment

Charlie from Jetblack Espresso (site sponsor) is probably the one to contact - he would be able to give the best idea re steaming power as he sold it to me and sells both Lelit and Rancilio single boilers too.

Cheers

Sniff

Comment

If my tech skills are up to scratch this link should take you to a short video of my steaming milk for two large lattes (600ml Espro jug)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fe-KjxK25c

Cheers

Sniff

Comment

FS: (ACT) Profitec Pro 300 Dual Boiler

Originally posted by SniffCoffee View Post
                  If my tech skills are up to scratch this link should take you to a short video of my steaming milk for two large lattes (600ml Espro jug)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fe-KjxK25c

Cheers

Sniff
                  Just letting you know the video works fine Sniff. Looks like it's a little slow to steam that much milk, but I'm sure it's a lot faster when doing a smaller amount. It actually looks similar to my Brugnetti for steam power. At least with a dedicated boiler you'll never run out of steam.
                  I love this little machine and would snap it up if I could. It'd be a nice upgrade to a PID DB machine. GLWS.

Comment

Thanks Leroy - and you're right - the steaming is a little slow - as I emphasised in my original post for the sale above - this machine may be more attractive to those who like PID control and short blacks - as you can switch off the steam boiler.

Although, 'back in the day', when I first started on coffeensnobs with a Presso and Bellman steamer, it was probably twice as long to get the milk up to temp with the Bellman!!!

'Luxury' I say...

Comment

A little bump and note to point out that this will shortly not be the only Pro 300 in Australia from June - Charlie has indicated that they will be stocking them from then.

If you'd prefer to get one sooner you can get this one at less than 50% of the list price.

Cheers

Sniff

Comment

Wow sniff, that's a bargain! And there are no issues with the support of this product going forward as it will be a regularly stocked item with parts readily available,

charlie

Comment

Ok, an usual price bump here. As I haven't got a quick sale I'm putting the price back up to $1600 BUT will include my MACAP M2M grinder as well. Shipping will be extra. I still have the boxes for both, but would prefer local pickup and that way the buyer can try the machine before buying.

Brand new this setup would be around $3k, possible more. Both the Profitec and Macap have had minimal use, being the 'travel' setup and playing second fiddle to my main setup.

Cheers

Sniff

Comment

Pm sent. Char limit

Comment

Is this still available. Interested and in ACT.

Comment

Working...
                              X