Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: Elektra Microcasa Semiautomatica Chrome - Only 18 months old

This espresso machine is in as-new condition and has only been used twice daily for the last 18 months since purchased. It features the much classier blue Elektra Venetian glass handle on the boiler lid instead of the somewhat tizzy chrome eagle. With its sparkling, high gloss chrome finish this unit looks stunning.

The performance of this model is legendary and you would have to spend in excess of $4000 to get better. I know this as I’m upgrading and that’s what I have had to spend! Check out these expert reviews for full details:

Elektra Microcasa Semi Automatica Espresso Machine Review • Home-Barista.com

CoffeeGeek - Elektra Microcasa Semi Automatica

The machine is the current model and comes with all the original components including the instruction manual, rosewood handle portafilter and the original eagle lid handle. I’ve thrown in a collection of different size filter baskets as well. The unit has been used only with rainwater throughout its life so there should be zero scaling. It has recently been fully temperature calibrated using a Scace and is currently making coffee of outstanding quality. It's complex, multi-layered and scrumptious. And if you enjoy milk coffee, the foam is like creamy velvet with an utterly sensual mouthfeel.

This machine currently retails for $2600 (see commercial link removed per Site Posting Poicy) but I’m prepared to sell for $1095 as I really need to make room for my new machine. I’m located in the Southern Highlands of NSW, 2 hours south of the Sydney CBD. A buyer can pick the machine up but I’m happy to ship anywhere in Australia at the buyer’s cost.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Javaphile; 29 February 2016, 02:05 PM. Reason: Commericial link(s) removed

As an owner of one of these I have to say $1095 is a bargain price for an excellent machine.

I have to add:
    - The Elektra Eagle is not tizzy, it's way more cool and stylish than the glass bauble handle ... but as you have both it's a moot point :-)
    - I believe the portafilter handle is Bakelite finished to resemble briarwood. The effect is a waterproof handle which really does look like wood

My copper/brass finished machine is around 7 years old and still performs like new; the extractions are syrupy and complex.

I have looked at upgrading over the years but only a few machines have come close to the quality of shot this machine can produce ...

ccgnome, may I ask what you have purchased to replace the Elektra MCX ?

BeanB

Comment

Machines like this should be displayed in the Louvre!!! Forget the mona lisa!! What a work of art!!!

Comment

Wow, what a beauty, looks amazing!!

Cheers

Comment

Looks great, I am very interested and have sent a PM. Cheers

Comment

Amazing machine. I miss mine :'(

Comment

Originally posted by BeanBrat View Post

ccgnome, may I ask what you have purchased to replace the Elektra MCX ?

BeanB
              A Vesuvius. It's a typical high end E61 dual boiler/ dual PID design but unusually, has gear driven pressure profiling as well. To my eyes it also looks great too but each to their own. Thankfully, my wife likes its appearance as well.

Not cheap though and alas, I can't order mine until my current machine is sold.

Such is life.

Comment

Originally posted by timmus View Post
                Looks great, I am very interested and have sent a PM. Cheers
                Have replied to your PM

Comment

Originally posted by ccgnome View Post
                  A Vesuvius. It's a typical high end E61 dual boiler/ dual PID design but unusually, has gear driven pressure profiling as well. To my eyes it also looks great too but each to their own. Thankfully, my wife likes its appearance as well.

Not cheap though and alas, I can't order mine until my current machine is sold.

Such is life.
                  Yes, Vesuvius seems a good option.

My shortlist includes:
                  - Elektra A3/T1
                  - Bosco Lever
                  - Izzo Lever

All great machines and all $$$$ ...

Comment

Originally posted by ccgnome View Post
                    A Vesuvius.
                    My prediction is ....that you will LOVE it!!!!

Comment

Thanks to those who enquired but this unit has now been sold.

Comment

Working...
                      X