Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!PRESUMED SOLD!!! - FS Faema Baby - Amazing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!PRESUMED SOLD!!! - FS Faema Baby - Amazing!

For sale is my beloved Faema Baby, in 'baby blue'. This machine is absolutely as new, comes with the box as well! I have never seen another in this condition, it is unmarked and has all the parts - including the 'floating' shower screen that is so often missing.

This is a very early model to boot, with the cast arms and the logo cast in the body.

Its hard to put a price on a pristine example like this - you just dont find them. I think that around the $500 mark is not unreasonable, so lets test the waters!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Faema1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	337.3 KB
ID:	758505Click image for larger version

Name:	Faema2.jpg
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	758506Click image for larger version

Name:	Faema3.jpg
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	758507

I also have another very nice example, a bit later, with the pressed handles and bakelite knobs. Again everything is there, just not in pristine, unused condition. Its finished in a lovely green heavy enamel that looks great. I reckon its a fair buy at $200. Would look great in a cafe or display cabinet.

Name:	Faema4.jpg
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	758508

These are Beautiful! The blue one is amazing.

I've just spent far too much money as it is, (and I already have a Presso).

Hope they find a loving home.

Comment

Thanks shortblackman, the blue one truely is amazing, the shine and lustre for a 60 year old machine is incredible. It must have sat in that box in a cupboard, up in the alps in the North of Italy for all that time I suspect - true "showroom condition"!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArnhemR View Post
        Thanks shortblackman, the blue one truely is amazing, the shine and lustre for a 60 year old machine is incredible. It must have sat in that box in a cupboard, up in the alps in the North of Italy for all that time I suspect - true "showroom condition"!!
        Hi ArnhemR,

It appears to me from the pictures that the blue one has been repainted from the variation in gloss levels from an original and the loss of embossed text definition which is indicative of being repainted (see example ). However, photo's can be misleading so I just wanted to check with you to be sure. Has it been refurbished / repainted? What's the history of the machine that you know of?

Cheers yabba
        Attached Files
        Last edited by yabba; 9 March 2016, 10:58 AM. Reason: Add Photo

Comment

Originally posted by yabba View Post
          Hi ArnhemR,

It appears to me from the pictures that the blue one has been repainted from the variation in gloss levels from an original and the loss of embossed text definition which is indicative of being repainted (see example ). However, photo's can be misleading so I just wanted to check with you to be sure. Has it been refurbished / repainted? What's the history of the machine that you know of?

Cheers yabba
          Hi Yabba, I am confident it hasnt been repainted, the rest of the machine is in similar condition, the brightness of the metal finish parts and the like new nature of the soft alloy parts makes me believe its just been preserved perfectly. I took one of the rubber feet out and you can see the original paint and then the unpainted hole. I bought the machine in Italy, dont know the history otherwise.

Name:	Faema5.jpg
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	741741

Comment

Green one is sold.

Comment

Hi! Where to buy Faema Baby in green?

Comment

Italy?! (mine has already sold) Only the blue one left.

Comment

Price reduced to $400 for a quick sale!

Comment

Working...
                  X