This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - Isomac Venus and Rancilio Rocky grinder

This has been our first coffee machine and grinder and we have loved them! The coffee machine is an Isomac Venus that that we bought when we first moved to Canberra and didn't have any coffee shops within walking distance, unlike when we lived in Sydney. It was originally purchased from DiBartoli in December 2011 & has been absolutely fastidiously maintained. We bought it from another coffee snob and have treated it well. It is in excellent condition. The only sign of wear is a circle smudge on top, I have only tried to remove it with a microfiber cloth as I don't want to damage the finish.

There have been a couple of modifications including - a better 2 hole steaming tip (from coffeeparts) that is MUCH easier to clean than the standard one, a silicone sleeve for the steam arm so you won't burn yourself & a lower profile double spout. It comes with single & double baskets (Isomac OEM), blind basket, OEM double spout, small and large milk jugs. I will also throw in a nice solid tamper.

It is a very robust, attractive looking machine with bulletproof build quality. The polished stainless steel chassis looks fabulous on any bench. We have had many comments on how gorgeous it looks and it is so nice to use.

It is an ideal beginner machine though would also suit an intermediate coffee snob.

The grinder is a Rancilio Rocky bought new in 2013 for $450 and in perfect condition. The two work really well together & I would prefer to sell as a package for $800. Otherwise the Venus is $600 and the Rocky is $375. I will allow one week for offers on the pair, and if not sold together will sell to the first genuine buyers for each item. The package new with all inclusions would cost over $2000 so this is pretty sweet.

PM for interest.

FYI - some more info below

The Isomac Venus is a semi-automatic espresso machine. It has internal systems that automatically control the pump pressure (to provide consistent pressure for coffee) and water temperature for the boiler (to provide consistent steam temperature). For those who want to customize the flavor of the espresso, it allows you to engage the pump manually to control the water flow.

As a pump-driven machine, it forces water through the grinds using an internal pump. This uses a higher pressure than a steam machine and results in a better tasting cup of espresso.

With 12 bars of pressure, this machine is well equippedto deliver a great tasting espresso shot. The minimum pressure required to do so is 9 bars.

At $1375, it is a rather expensive semi-automatic espresso machine, which makes this great value second hand.Taking into account factors that drive espresso taste, machine durability, and convenience, the Isomac Venus is significantly better than the average semi-automatic machine in the market.

It's sleek stainless steel exterior gives it a truly professional look that matches its professional quality. It gives you the ability to have that truly Italian flavour without ever leaving the comfort of your own home.

Rancilio Rocky grinder now available for $350 and Isomac Venus for $600!!

Comment

Hi. Are the pair still available?
      Thanks
      Wayne

Comment

Hi Wayne, yes they are. I am chatting with a few people but no one has committed yet, cheers

Comment

Hi, old thread but if still available I am interested.

Comment

If you can post the Rancilio Rocky for $XXX - As per the Site Posting Policy please make all offers privately I'll commit to buying it please, otherwise it's a bit much considering it's nearly 4 years old. I live in Wauchope NSW 2446.
            Last edited by Javaphile; 18 July 2016, 10:43 PM. Reason: Removed price

Comment

Originally posted by stufire View Post
              If you can post the Rancilio Rocky for $XXX - As per the Site Posting Policy please make all offers privately I'll commit to buying it please, otherwise it's a bit much considering it's nearly 4 years old. I live in Wauchope NSW 2446.
              Hi there, I sold it a while back but can't work out how to list it as sold. Sorry!

Comment

Working...
              X