X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - Giotto Premium Plus

ECM Giotto Premium Plus

Excellent Condition as per photos

My maintenance routine was: Backflush group head daily, Chemical flush fortnightly, filtered water used.

Last serviced at Site Sponsor Jetblack Espresso in July 2015- preventative maintenance only- seals replaced, shower screen replaced. Receipt provided to buyer.

Pulls great shots. Pick up Sydney

$1150
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gavisconi007; 24 April 2016, 08:08 AM. Reason: photos need rotating

Some more photosClick image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	741959Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (4).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	741960Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (6).jpg
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	741961Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (8).jpg
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	741962

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between the ECM and the Rocket models?

Comment

Originally posted by iggs View Post
        Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between the ECM and the Rocket models?
        This was from a period when ECM was still an Italian company. I don't know all the details, but around 10yrs ago they sold the company. The ECM name went to a German company and is what you see making machines such as the ECM Technika today. The design for the Rocket machines was sold to a group of businessmen from New Zealand (and Europe?) and lives on today as Rocket Espresso. So this machine was made in Italy by the Italian ECM. I don't know all the differences, but it's quite different to the current Rocket Giotto, other than the shape and basic design.

Comment

How old is the machine and where in Sydney are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoma View Post
            How old is the machine and where in Sydney are you located?

Hi Yoyoma. The Giotto is around ten years old (a mere puppy in Giotto years). Pick-up is Lindfield

Comment

Has this one had any modifications Gavisconi?

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
                Has this one had any modifications Gavisconi?

No, all original

Comment

I forgot to mention- a new (OEM) Gicar controller was installed 18 months ago.
                  Last edited by Gavisconi007; 25 April 2016, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I'm no expert but I don't think this is the "plus" model. The plus model did away with the mesh tray and the semi-circular pressure gauge. If I'm wrong I apologise

Comment

I think you could be right Robbo. Looks like it might be a Giotto Premium. Apologies for any confusion.

It is as per the photos, with the semi-circular pressure guage.

Comment

Yes I am sure that this is a Premium. I bought one of these then the 'Plus' came out the next year. I think it was a Rocket. Mine also has a Rocket badge on it. The Plus came with a different module and I think a round gauge and bigger copper piping.
                        I upgraded my module and rewired to new specifications so I suppose mine is a Giotto Premium Hybrid Plus! Still make great coffee.

Comment

Please mark as SOLD

Sold to a fellow CSer lairdy28. May your new baby settle in well.

Also thankyou to Robbo1111 and benj2008 for their expressions of interest.

And last but not least, thank you Andy for the opportunity to sell my machine on CS

Comment

Working...
                          X