X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOURCED!!! - WTB - Mazzer Mini/Upgrade grinder from my rocky

Hi guys,

Unsure if this post is suitable but I'm keen to upgrade my rocky grinder and was wondering what's out there.

Keen on the Mazzer mini range - and also more than happy for others to give their $0.10 on a suitable upgrade to marry with my PID Silvia. (And with a view to accompany the one-day upgraded coffee machine) so some future proofing is a benefit......

after a doserless setup as I'm sick of the doser on my rocky

Located in Adelaide but more than happy to cover postage for interstate grinders.

Max budget would be $800

Let us know what you've got!

Cheers!
    Tim
    Last edited by hawk87; 27 April 2016, 02:49 PM.

Check out the Compac and Macap grinders Tim, both seem to be preferred to the Mazzer Mini now.

Having said that, I have owned a Mini for quite a while and doubt I will ever get rid of it, excellent grinder and bullet proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
      Check out the Compac and Macap grinders Tim, both seem to be preferred to the Mazzer Mini now.

Having said that, I have owned a Mini for quite a while and doubt I will ever get rid of it, excellent grinder and bullet proof.
      Thanks Yelta!

Appreciate the feedback - what is this based on? Burr design? Coffee retention? Anything in particular they exceed the mini in?

Just want to increase my knowledge on other grinders in the market.

*goes back to scouring coffee snobs forum*

Comment

This unit would be a great buy to put you on the way towards coffee excellence...
        http://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-har...melbourne.html

By the way, you haven't indicated what your maximum budget is - Required by the Site Posting Rules...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
          This unit would be a great buy to put you on the way towards coffee excellence...

By the way, you haven't indicated what your maximum budget is - Required by the Site Posting Rules...

Mal.
          Thanks mal!

Have amended the post with a budget. Haven't been on CS long so all the help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post

Mal.
            Looks like a pimp grinder....Probably a tad large.... And I'm keen to source a doserless model for my next grinder

Thanks anyway. [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by hawk87 View Post
              Looks like a pimp grinder....Probably a tad large.... [emoji106]

I'm not sure what "a tad large" means when it comes to grinders.......can someone enlighten me..........Mal- can you help me out- a grinder being too big- what does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Gavisconi007 View Post
                I'm not sure what "a tad large" means when it comes to grinders.......can someone enlighten me..........Mal- can you help me out- a grinder being too big- what does that mean?
                Have I said something wrong again? Gee this coffee forum business is tricky!

Comment

I think I may need to start a forum post requesting people's advice/experience from upgrading from a rocky-level of grinder.....

Comment

Quamar m80e is a good altenative to mazzer mini. Very popular here in Denmark.

Comment

Nah, you've said nothin' wrong! Note the smiley face at the end of the "tad large"....

When it comes to coffee bling, if it's big and shiny, then it's never too big or too shiny!!

Comment

Originally posted by hawk87 View Post
                        Have I said something wrong again? Gee this coffee forum business is tricky!
                        Definitely not hawk87. It was a bit of sarcasm amongst us Titan grinder owners. Keep up the posts mate.

Comment

All good - I'm assuming Titan refers to the epic size? I

I'd be hard pressed to find the bench space!!

Comment

The bench space isn't that bad, the Fiorenzato is around 25x25cm without the catch tray - about twice the width of a Rocky. It's the headroom that can be a problem. I think it's 43cm tall without the hopper and 66cm with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post

I also have a mazzer mini, ive upgraded it to doserless, can't see myself ever getting rid of it, will last a life time I reckon.

I've used a couple of compac k3's, and my preference is the mazzer mini.

Comment

Working...
                              X